DeCluttering

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
icfrugal1

Re: DeCluttering

Post by icfrugal1 »

so I found out yesterday that the "found" tee shirts don't fit :roll: , so more stuff going away :twisted:

I pulled a small box out of the garage today and have sorted it into recycle and charities bags, I am keeping some CD's that were in the box, buy the good news is that more stuff leaving the house.!!!

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

blondeinbuffalo wrote:I got bored yesterday morning and pulled out everything file in my file cabinet in our office and started the usual toss/shred pile. I was amazed how much paperwork accumulated that was just useless or outdated. now I only have 7 years of tax returns and that feels good. it takes up a lot of space. I have about 2 dz magazines that were given to me, so I will look at them one more time and pull out any recipes or interesting articles and then put them in the recycle bin or give them to a neighbor. cj
Yeah for you and thank you for reminding me about magazines that need to go away.

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have been meaning to go through boxes of family photos for months now, but I keep putting it off. So today the file boxes were moved right next to my desk, so that my spot is not comfortable any more. Maybe that will motivate me.

DS went through his closet and came up with a trash bag full of clothes he's outgrown in the past few years, so those went to the Salvation Army today. After dropping those off, I swapped out a couple of small pieces of furniture here at the house so that we now have a small bookcase in our bedroom. My "to be read" pile of books is now corralled in the bookcase instead of being in two teetering piles next to the bed.
Mackie
lennon05

Post by lennon05 »

I took a load of items to the thrift store today. I also sorted through some coupon inserts. I separated those into a pile for using and a pile for sharing. I tossed some in with the other recycling. I helped my son declutter some by sorting through the boys' shoes. I had a half a plastic grocery bag to take to the thrift store.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Just looked at the cross-stitching supplies to pick something to work on during vacation. Ugh - too much stuff! A lot was inherited, but I still need to come up w/ a plan to use it up. There are some "ribbon" type Aida cloth pieces. I can cross stitch some motifs and sew them onto tote bags, using up fabric and cross-stitch. Will try to sell the totes at the yard sale.Some fingertip towels I can use at home as soon as I stitch a motif.
lennon05

Post by lennon05 »

I am still helping my son declutter at his house. I gathered another plastic grocery bag of items for the thrift store. He is just about ready to get rid of the baby swing too. I think it will be going to the thrift store later this week.