Daily Check In February 9, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BevMoore

Re: Daily Check In February 9, 2020

Post by BevMoore »

Good morning,
Sunny but cold and windy here. Since there is no place I have to be I am going to build a fire in the fireplace. Yesterday my long time frugal friends and I went to a port and chocolate wine event at one of the wineries on the delta. We stayed a couple of hours and then came home.

Ii will be setting up my air fryer to fry some chicken. I want to make a nice thick coating and them fry it. It should be good. I am not sure what else I will be doing today. Maybe some reading or binge watching since I am not going anywhere.

Bev
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

I am home. I drove straight through yesterday. I left a bit before 7 AM, I think and arrived home about 9:30 PM. I ate on the go. I love my parents, but their VRBO was small, not bigger than my apartment and while I enjoyed the togetherness, I am glad to be back on my own. LOL. And the bed was horrible and I forgot my pillow. The furniture there was not very comfortable.

I went to my usual 8:30 Mass, been doing laundry and just got back from a trip to Meijers for groceries plus. I had laundry supplies and light bulbs on my list. Now I will take it easy as my ankle is bothering me again.

I did get my 1099 in the mail, so I will do my taxes. They are very simple with no longer owning a home, no charitable deductions to claim, only 1 W2 and 2 1099s.

Have a great day,
Maggie
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I am sad & melancholy today, even cried some this morning. I woke up with my back aching too, time to rearrange my pillows again.

Dh is unhappy, says he hates himself, growls a lot at us, and doesn't do much for himself for hobbies/fun. Then comes the bickering among the children.

After everyone left, I turned up the heat & went to the basement to weigh out purply-blue wool. I have offers to buy 12 ounces.
The roving is very thin, almost like it is pre-drafted for spinning; I want to re-dye the green roving and not sure if it will work but don't want to have to spin it first before dyeing.

Have also been washing girls’ clothes, was guilted into it by dh. Apparently sorting girls’ dirty clothes on basement family room floor AND leaving them there (until they get washed) is offensive! Ds17 should shut his mouth about it as his room looks like Hurricane Katrina went through.

We still need a couple more forms before I can send off our tax info to my accountant friend.

Have decided basement is a good place to be, very quiet, and the couch is even somewhat comfortable.

Am going to try to finish crocheted ruffle scarf today, then will weave in all ends on scarf & dishcloths, and gather other items that I’m donating to the Young Women’s fundraising auction on Tuesday evening. Am debating on donating $10 as well.
randamax

Post by randamax »

jckitty wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:21 pm The Gilmore Girls is in my top 5 list of favorite shows, I have seen every episode at least 3 times..my DD2 gets so tired of me watching it, DD1 and I want to take a meandering trip East to find towns that remind us of "Stars Hollow".
Oy with the poodles already! ;)

(I'm a cultist too!)
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Boy is it warm here today

The sun is shining and it is probably over 70! It was so nice and chilly during the week. Wah

I"m making some beans in the crock pot and carne quisada. Its mexican beef stew! lol. I love it. On a nice warm tortilla. Carne quisada tacos. mmmm

Getting ready for the Oscars tonight!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:38 pm I am sad & melancholy today, even cried some this morning. I woke up with my back aching too, time to rearrange my pillows again.

Dh is unhappy, says he hates himself, growls a lot at us, and doesn't do much for himself for hobbies/fun. Then comes the bickering among the children.

After everyone left, I turned up the heat & went to the basement to weigh out purply-blue wool. I have offers to buy 12 ounces.
The roving is very thin, almost like it is pre-drafted for spinning; I want to re-dye the green roving and not sure if it will work but don't want to have to spin it first before dyeing.

Have also been washing girls’ clothes, was guilted into it by dh. Apparently sorting girls’ dirty clothes on basement family room floor AND leaving them there (until they get washed) is offensive! Ds17 should shut his mouth about it as his room looks like Hurricane Katrina went through.

We still need a couple more forms before I can send off our tax info to my accountant friend.

Have decided basement is a good place to be, very quiet, and the couch is even somewhat comfortable.

Am going to try to finish crocheted ruffle scarf today, then will weave in all ends on scarf & dishcloths, and gather other items that I’m donating to the Young Women’s fundraising auction on Tuesday evening. Am debating on donating $10 as well.
Gayle sorry to hear what all you are dealing with.. Wish I could be of some physical help to you. Sending love and ((hugs)). Hope things get better soon for everyone.
Janet Alliesmama