Daily Check In February 10, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check In February 10, 2020

Post by rinty »

Hey Guys,

At the risk of sounding silly or self absorbed I think I need to step away for a while.

Frankly I haven't anything to contribute.

If this was the " People Raging Against Poor Care for the Severely Handicapped " Forum, then , yes, but , bless you all, it isn't.

I care about you all very much but I don't find the internet as restful any more. The few witty, well written blogs take about 10 minutes every other day to read. It used to be I could zone out, now , not really, things are more about Instagram or Facebook and I'm not into that, nor do I want to be.

I have a gazillion things that need to be done/because those who are paid £100, 000 a year to do it do not give a flying..........fill in missing word. It sucks the life blood from me. I cannot stand it. Truly. Work is a distraction, a good one, but one I could drop like a rock any day. I have a lovely family that I perhaps do too much for ( that again, linked to what we/I did NOT do for them when DS was little )so I am not alone nor lonely.

I have just had it. It would be nice to not have to rage to accomplish anything. Spent two hours today at " things ". Mindless. The new social worker is part of this. Knowing UTTERLY NOTHING AT ALL of DS, she , is apparently the one who will sort out all DS ills ( we aren't needed apparently ) As she has met him once, a week ago and has no backstory to him.......she obviously cannot do that.

Now , if this were a TV show, it could just run, she'd fail, Ds would get so bad its untrue then WE would step inon our white horses and sort it out and GEE WHIZ, he'd finally get some care and it could be listed as a heart redning feel good drama. But it isn't , DS life is S%$^ and , as his mother, I feel like howling without stopping forever.

My final straw here I mentioned to Jackie.

Love to you all and look after yourselves .
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Rinty, I am so sorry. We can all feel your despair. Please be sure to take time to take care of yourself. *hugs*
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Oh, Rinty, (((HUGS)))! Please take a moment for yourself in all this, and know that you and your family have our prayers.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:40 pm Hey Guys,

At the risk of sounding silly or self absorbed I think I need to step away for a while.

If this was the " People Raging Against Poor Care for the Severely Handicapped " Forum, then , yes, but , bless you all, it isn't.

I care about you all very much but I don't find the internet as restful any more. The few witty, well written blogs take about 10 minutes every other day to read. It used to be I could zone out, now , not really, things are more about Instagram or Facebook and I'm not into that, nor do I want to be.

I have a gazillion things that need to be done/because those who are paid £100, 000 a year to do it do not give a flying..........fill in missing word. It sucks the life blood from me. I cannot stand it. Truly. Work is a distraction, a good one, but one I could drop like a rock any day. I have a lovely family that I perhaps do too much for ( that again, linked to what we/I did NOT do for them when DS was little )so I am not alone nor lonely.

I have just had it. It would be nice to not have to rage to accomplish anything. Spent two hours today at " things ". Mindless. The new social worker is part of this. Knowing UTTERLY NOTHING AT ALL of DS, she , is apparently the one who will sort out all DS ills ( we aren't needed apparently ) As she has met him once, a week ago and has no backstory to him.......she obviously cannot do that.

Now , if this were a TV show, it could just run, she'd fail, Ds would get so bad its untrue then WE would step inon our white horses and sort it out and GEE WHIZ, he'd finally get some care and it could be listed as a heart redning feel good drama. But it isn't , DS life is S%$^ and , as his mother, I feel like howling without stopping forever.

Take a break. Check in once in a while, leave a message on my blog, or send me an email just to let me know how things are going.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

rinty wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:40 pm Hey Guys,

Just know that I greatly admire you. Do anything and everything to remove stress from your life as much as possible (((Hugs)))
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Greetings Friends,

Today was a good Monday. The weekend was good as well. I did some book reading, movie watching, muffin baking - and just generally enjoyed it.

As far as getting "work" done, I got my bedding changed out on Saturday - so nice to get into fresh, clean sheets, pillow cases and blankets. Of course my dogs thought so too - thus the reason I change my bedding so often. I used a coupon code and points to rent two Redbox movies for a total cost of $1.40 - can't beat .70 cents per movie!

Got some cooking done on Sunday - homemade soup and a big pan of roasted cauliflower that I'm using in wraps this week - kind of my own version of a recipe I saw for "buffalo cauliflower tacos".

I am off to browse - goodnight!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz