Daily check-in February 12, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

Re: Daily check-in February 12, 2020

Post by ohjodi »

colonialgirl wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:07 pm
Hello frugals -
Nothing much going on here. We are getting a heck of a snowfall - supposed to get 5-6 inches and from the way it is coming down I believe them. I love it when it snows during the day and I can watch it. Especially since we don't have to get out and drive in it.

CG
I'm all set, hunkered down for that snow we're both getting! I have plenty of groceries, did a Walmart pick up order, yesterday, so I'm set. The trash is supposed to be taken to the curb this evening, but I'm not going to bother (rather it's my nephew who takes the trash up and down for me). There's only two small bags in the can, and I don't want anyone to have to drag it up the driveway if we get that 4"-6". The trash will stay nice and frozen for a while, so it won't stink.

I like winter so much better now that I don't have to leave the house for work, lol This winter has been weird with 40's thru 60's a lot in January, with just a couple of rather short (for January) snowfalls.

So it's just me and my new resident mouse. I set two traps out. And I put my breads in the cupboard instead of on the counter.
ohjodi

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

We have made an emergency trip to the big city. Our youngest DS slipped and fell. He will be undergoing emergency surgery. We are at the hotel unpacking and then we will head to the hospital. It is going to be a long night.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:29 pm
Hi, frugal friends. I have been busy this morning, doing chores and applying online for jobs for me.

Our homeless shelter buddy has a job interview at Chili's next week, which is awesome. He's gone from us looking for hospice placement at the end of the summer to getting well enough now to seek work. He might be able to get back into the shelter if he gets and keeps the job, so we have fingers crossed. If he can get into public housing, that's even better.

I have a dentist appointment this afternoon and we have leftover roast chicken and veggies for supper, so that's easy. Got a nice size chicken at Save-a-Lot on Sunday for $5.51. This evening I hope to rope DH into looking into lowering our phone bill, which is shockingly high due to his data usage.

Otherwise, it continues to rain here in south Tennessee and the ground is like Jell-O. It's great weather for napping if you aren't concerned about trees suddenly falling over. :-D

Mackie will keep your homeless friend in my thoughts and prayers for him to get the job. You and your DH have been such a blessing to him and to your young mother friend. Hope you find a job soon. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers also .
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:50 pm
Update

We have made an emergency trip to the big city. Our youngest DS slipped and fell. He will be undergoing emergency surgery. We are at the hotel unpacking and then we will head to the hospital. It is going to be a long night.
Jackie so sorry to hear this. I will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers. ((hug))
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ohjodi wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:26 pm
I'm all set, hunkered down for that snow we're both getting! I have plenty of groceries, did a Walmart pick up order, yesterday, so I'm set. The trash is supposed to be taken to the curb this evening, but I'm not going to bother (rather it's my nephew who takes the trash up and down for me). There's only two small bags in the can, and I don't want anyone to have to drag it up the driveway if we get that 4"-6". The trash will stay nice and frozen for a while, so it won't stink.

I like winter so much better now that I don't have to leave the house for work, lol This winter has been weird with 40's thru 60's a lot in January, with just a couple of rather short (for January) snowfalls.

So it's just me and my new resident mouse. I set two traps out. And I put my breads in the cupboard instead of on the counter.

Good luck with catching Mickey. I had to kill one a couple of months ago. I felt bad about it but at the same time you cannot let him keep getting in to things and leaving his nasty little calling card droppings.

Enjoy your snow. I have always preferred winter over summer and with snow it is even better.
Janet Alliesmama

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:50 pm
Update

OH NO! Please keep us updated. Praying for him.