Daily Check-in February 13, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in February 13, 2020

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackie hope everything is going well with Kris post surgery? Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers for a quick and full recovery and you and Harvey.

Good morning everyone. We have a light snow on the ground. Nothing like what Colonial girl and Jodi have. However the bottom is dropping out of the temperature and by this afternoon it is suppose to be (16 F)(-8.88 C).

I made it to the pulmonary Drs office and back yesterday ok. We had torrential rain but no snow or ice. The machine that reads my c-pap chip was not working so the nurse practitioner could not see what was going on with me. However the company that monitors me is suppose to send her a print out. If things look ok I do not need to go back for a year!. Woo Hoo! I have been going to this office every couple of months since 2014 and the last year and a half every 6 months and now once a year. That is great.

Not much planned for today. The usual puttering in the kitchen.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check-in February 13, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Congrats on the good read out, Janet. Hubs was on a c-pap for years, but not any longer.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Janet and all,

My bad knee woke up with out any discomfort. It almost feels unnatural not to have some discomfort, but I will take it. Another foggy morning here. While mornings here are normally noisy with birds, foggy mornings they must sleep in. A lovely quiet.

Today, I will go to the dentist for a cleaning. I like having a cleaning. It can be uncomfortable, but I love the feeling of very clean teeth. While I am out, I will be close to Aldi's and the credit union. So I will get some strawberries from Aldi's and stop at the credit union for some cash. The yard guy only takes cash and his weed whacking along the lake tapped me out $$. I paid him extra because he really didn't realize how much work it actually would be. None of his gas powered tools worked on the umbrella papyrus. He had to use hand tools. I can't get up and down the slope to the lake with the bad knee.

Today, I will walk with my neighbor. She was in an unusually depressed mood yesterday and so I let her talk. Her auto insurance company has decided that they don't believe that she lives where she lives. She has lived at the same place for over 50 years. It has to do with her name apparently. Back 80 years ago, the exact spelling of names was not considered a big deal. So her birth certificate and how she signed her name do not match perfectly. In addition, she used her middle name a lot. And then she got married and used her married name. For an unknown reason, the insurance company computer has now flagged her. A mess that she hopes her computer daughter can fix. I offered sympathy. It is a risk for all of us.

The leaves are rushing to fall now. It is almost like snow some days. I am behind on cleaning them up. I will work on them as much as possible after the dentist appointment and other errands. Rain is possible tomorrow.

Today, I am grateful that my bad knee is not hurting at all right now. Have a good day all.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackie, I hope that all goes well for your DS and that he is not in pain post surgery. I’m sure he is very happy to have you and your DH by his side.

CG and Jodi, hope you all didn’t lose power with the snowstorm. (I know CG has a generator but still regular power is better.) If possible, don’t drive. Janet, enjoy the more moderate amount of snow in your area.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Kind of sort of slept last night.

Youngest had his surgery in the early evening and sent us a text when he was out. He was groggy and asked us to stay away until today.

When we first saw him in Emergency he was in a great deal of pain and wanted us to take his keys to feed Eiko, and pick up his vehicle from where he had fallen. We did so, and now will try and convince him that the best thing would be for him to come home with us for a week or so.

I will post more as I learn more.

Everybody have a great day.

Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Sorry to hear about your son, Jackie. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Good morning all.

Going to be a nice day here again today. Weather is much better than back in December when I came down.

Having fun with my niece's little boy. But when he leaves enjoy the quiet as well. Have missed my activities, but Sister was more important.

Well have a nice day everyone.