Daily check in February 14, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in February 14, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all. Let's get started.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in February 14, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Another lovely Florida "do something" day is expected. I recently made a frugal purchase of planting soil, good price and a $5 off coupon to boot. Yesterday, I used it to transplant some vegetable plants and start some more from seed. The weather was wonderful and I got the hint of a summer tan as well.

Today is the slight possibility of rain in the morning. The yard guy may come back to finish the weed whacking along the lake. Most likely, I will get a walk with my neighbor. I toyed with the idea of going to the gym as well, but I have a lot of yard work with the layer of leaves to be gathered up.

I bought steaks for us a couple of days ago and I will get some wine at Winn-dixie today when I go to pick up hub's favorite cottage cheese and yogurt. He is particular about dairy products and will only eat their brand. He is having trouble losing the weight he gained while I was traveling, but I don't blame these foods. And wine? Well, it is a special day.

This feels like a successful week. The lake view is more pleasant. Some financial changes have been made for the better. I have pretty much doubled our vegetable consumption. And the weather has been great.

Today, I am grateful for the warm weather and beautiful climate of Florida. Have a wonderful day everyone.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning Dg.. Wish I could look forward to warmer weather and veggies in my garden but it will be a while. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your DH.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Happy Valentine's Day!

Jackie hope your DS is still doing as well as you stated yesterday and continues to recover quickly.

Good frosty morning everyone. It is ( 4 F) (-15.55 C) with a wind chill of( -6 F)(-21.11).

Today is a good day to stay home and stay warm by cooking and baking. I need to use up some food in the fridge so I am going to make Tex Mex keto sausage gravy made with ground turkey and served over gluten free biscuits.I have a gluten free biscuit mix that needs to be used up otherwise I would make almond flour biscuits. Also I need to use up more cream cheese in the fridge so plan on making some keto pumpkin muffins which also uses cream cheese. This week-end I will be using the last of my mozzarella to make a pizza and then I will be completely dairy free.. sniff, sniff. So hopefully come Monday I will be able to start my leaky gut diet without having any temptations in my house. It has been harder to give up dairy than caffeine. Hopefully after a month to 6 weeks I can start to add dairy back in one product at a time.

Have a good day and stay safe and warm for all of you who are in the arctic blast zone. You lucky ducks in the warm zone enjoy your weather.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,
T
Hubby and I will be heading out shopping for groceries and such for DS this morning. He needs a few things from the Abilities Council and so we will pick them up as well.

DS started to get a pain level increase when we were there last night and so took a pain pill. The nurse giggled and said he had graduated to the chewables instead of injections.

I am still working on him to get both he and the cat to come to our place for a week or two. The no weight on the leg and no bending past 90 degrees are going to be a bugger for him when it comes to feeding the cat and to getting around. As he says, he is very thankful he has the ability to order from Amazon and to even order his groceries and get them delivered. Still, more and more I am thinking of going home getting some necessary things done there, and then coming back up here to the big city and helping him out a just until I can see he is looking after himself alright. I wonder if he will go for that....perhaps if I mention trying to get the cat out if the fire alarm goes off?

Yesterday was very cold, today is already much warmer. It has in fact warmed up enough that it could snow today and tomorrow. Not the nicest stuff to be driving around the city or on the highways of our province in.

Seeing DS get better each day brings me joy, and hearing the interaction between him and his brother during phone calls also brings me joy. Will update all later if he actually gets out today.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Yesterday, one of the drawers on my dresser broke. The metal piece that holds the drawer straight came off of the drawer. I did my best to reattach it. It isn’t perfect but better then before.

This morning I made some blueberry muffins. They are a nice treat on a very cold morning. It is 33º in the city.

Yesterday I knit about another inch on my daughter’s scarf. Once I knit the straight section of the scarf I need to do the shaping for the other end of the scarf.

I decided on the yarn for my granddaughter's Moebius scarf. It is a very fine yarn. Normally knit with US 1 needles 2.25 mm in diameter. I will be using a much larger needle as I want it open. I will be knitting it on larger needles. Then you normally use for this weight yarn. I have 400 meters of yarn. So I will have more than enough.

Penny