Daily check in February 17, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in February 17, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning. Let's get started.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in February 17, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Another perfect day in Florida. A do something day, for sure.

Yesterday, I pushed my leaf sweeper around the yard and dumped gallons of leaves on my flower beds. The front yard looks more tidy. I still have more leaves to sweep up. I also began building a new leaf holding area, 8ft by 8 ft on a concrete pad that isn't being used. The season of the leaves is almost over. Some of the oaks have their spring tassels. So the season of yellow pollen will begin soon.

Today, I have to go to the post office and pick up a large envelop that they tried to deliver on Friday. Then on to the grocery store. Combining errands, frugal.

Then back to yard work for the rest of the day. Laundry and dishes as well. The knee held up well yesterday although everything is tired from the physical work. Going to need an extra coffee this morning, for sure.

Today, I am grateful for my good health and positive attitude. Have a good day all.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Dgflorida wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:22 am Good morning all,

Today, I have to go to the post office and pick up a large envelop that they tried to deliver on Friday. Then on to the grocery store. Combining errands, frugal.
Post office is closed today, President's Day Holiday.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:51 am Post office is closed today, President's Day Holiday.
Good tip on the Post Office!

I was planning to go to the bank and they are closed today, too, I imagine.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all.

I’m going to try to get something done today. Since I can’t go inside the bank, I’ll still go to the ATM and then drop off my Rx. This will be expensive since I have a $400+ deductible in my Part D. Not sure of the Rx cost but expect it to be about $230.

I’ll rake as much as I can in the front yard. Probably won’t get the whole yard done by a long shot but if I get my six bags for tomorrow I’ll be happy.

You’ve heard of Shark Week but in my case it is Immigration Week. Friend and I are going to the free World Affairs Conference at the local university on Thursdsy. I let her pick out the sessions. One session on immigration, one on refugees and one on journalists in danger. Last one she picked for me. Then she told me she was watching a series on Netflix called Living Undocumented so I checked it out and watched the first episode. Very good.

I’m very sad that truth is so underrated these days. 😔

Well, safe travels to Jackie, and have a good day.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!

Notice that sunrise is a bit earlier and sunset is a bit later these days. But right now it's just below freezing and rain is on the way. (Janet might be getting the rain right now.)

Anyway, today is the class on using the air fryer, Instant Pot and convection oven. They're promising samples, though I may still have a bit of lunch before I leave :lol: Otherwise, need to clean up the kitchen and take care of some other stuff.

Safe travels to Jackie.

Florida, GoodRx on those prescriptions? Though I realize it does nothing for your deductible.