Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Only thing I can think of, is the knife sharpener Dh ordered a month ago. He did some digging and found that the company had a US telephone number, a UK mailing address, and is apparently based in China.

I told him if the thing doesn't come in another month, then he needs to call his credit card to cancel it. Maybe he should anyhow, because We Do Not need corona-virus transmitted off the packaging (or maybe I’m too paranoid?).
———————
Have any of you also heard the rumor that the corona virus was bio-chemical warfare developed by China that was accidentally leaked to their public?
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:49 am ———————
Have any of you also heard the rumor that the corona virus was bio-chemical warfare developed by China that was accidentally leaked to their public?
Gayle, I don’t believe there is any basis in fact to this rumor. Just a conspiracy theory. I believe that it has been debunked even by people in the Trump administration. Ark. Sen. Tom Cotton mentioned this possibility on a Fox Sunday program, I believe, and then walked it back on his Twitter feed, which of course is seen by fewer people.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I had seen this on a Facebook post and ignored it.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Personally, no ... (and I hope we won't be)

When we were at the medical center for DH's test last week, there were many signs telling people to cover their coughs, plus tissues and hand sanitizer on every table and counter. (Someone was joking about not having enough.) Also lots of signs about limiting the number of visitors/people accompanying patients for procedures.

Seems like this is spreading rapidly ... just read that cities in Italy are now on lockdown, and Venice canceled its carnival.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LWolfT wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:07 am Personally, no ... (and I hope we won't be)

When we were at the medical center for DH's test last week, there were many signs telling people to cover their coughs, plus tissues and hand sanitizer on every table and counter. (Someone was joking about not having enough.) Also lots of signs about limiting the number of visitors/people accompanying patients for procedures.

Seems like this is spreading rapidly ... just read that cities in Italy are now on lockdown, and Venice canceled its carnival.
Italy had it's first two cases diagnosed this week.

I have noticed that every year more and more places here in Canada have been doing the coughing into the elbow signs, tissues and hand sanitizer everywhere as well. Here it was set out for the flu, more than this virus.

I hope that we can come up with something to combat it very soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

LWolf, I agree with you. When the medical people begin tightening the hospitals, I tend to give a problem credibility. Whether it is an escaped virus or not is not important. This one seems to be spreading faster than SARS did or Ebola did. They think it may be "bush meat" related like Ebola. I am inclined to believe that for a number of reasons. While creating chemical and breeding biological weapons were very popular some decades back, a couple of incidents back then discouraged it. Too hard to manage. Of course, it is still going on, but there are easier and more manageable ways to subjugate a population these days.

BTW, some bacteria tests suggest that hand sanitizers are ineffective. But soap and water still works.