Is the C̶o̶r̶o̶n̶a̶v̶i̶r̶u̶s̶ Political Discussion affecting you?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

Re: Is the C̶o̶r̶o̶n̶a̶v̶i̶r̶u̶s̶ Political Discussion affecting you?

Post by ohjodi »

I survived the About.com Frugal Living Forum political implosion of September, 2001!!!

Anyone else??
ohjodi

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

ohjodi wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:55 am
I survived the About.com Frugal Living Forum political implosion of September, 2001!!!

Anyone else??
Nope. I joined the About.com forum just before POTUS Obama's first campaign.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Aaron is correct the number one complaint are the political posts. All give as their reasons that this is a frugal forum and politics should not be allowed.

Every complaint we receive is read, and contemplated before action is taken. People have left over the political posts, just as much as people want them.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:04 am
Aaron is correct the number one complaint are the political posts. All give as their reasons that this is a frugal forum and politics should not be allowed.

Every complaint we receive is read, and contemplated before action is taken. People have left over the political posts, just as much as people want them.
I cannot see how you divorce frugality and politics. My first posts back in the early days of Obama were about health Insurance, a topic that is still at the forefront of Americans’ concerns for their financial futures.

I’ve noticed that on Erin’s blog and website she never talks about health insurance, the ACA, health sharing ministries or going with or without insurance. Once someone asked her a question about it in a comment, asking what she did for insurance as a family with both people self employed. I thought her answer was a throw away and I questioned the accuracy. No details.

Fair enough if Erin doesn’t want to address the big financial issues for most families. But those issues are there - health care, student loans, child care, etc. (I guess you could say she is addressing college costs by focusing on 100% financial aid.) But to me frugality is far more than $100 Christmas and homemade mixes.

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I agree, FCL. and Jodi, oh those memories!!! But much of that was exacerbated by the moderator of the day.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

ohjodi wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:55 am

Anyone else??
I think I joined in 2002 or 2003, after I lurked in the shadows awhile.