Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by LWolfT »

Indiana has issued a stay at home order beginning late Tuesday. Sounds fairly generous, since restaurants are still allowed to offer takeout/delivery, we can still go to the grocery, pharmacy ...

I checked out the pickup options at a couple of supermarkets ... all booked solidly for at least two days (can't even get an option to go beyond that.) Did get in an Amazon order for some odds and ends ... earliest delivery is April 17 ....
rinty

Post by rinty »

The whole of the United KIngdom is in lockdown.

Utterly in lockdown.

See Boris Johnson address to the nation
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

rinty wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:53 pm The whole of the United KIngdom is in lockdown.

Utterly in lockdown.

Just saw that - :shock:
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Getting serious now in our small town

Went looting again - as we jokingly call it.

Two days ago the flour and corn tortillas were fully stocked, but no bread.

Well now those are gone too. So I guess people are discovering the tastiness and utility of the tortilla!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

rinty wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:53 pm The whole of the United KIngdom is in lockdown.

Utterly in lockdown.

I watched Boris. Very tough restrictions. Shopping for necessities but as infrequent as possible. Exercise once a day. Gatherings of no more than two people. Weddings and other events except funerals cancelled. Go to and from work only if no other options. To me, this is good.

Meanwhile in my area things are very loosy-goosy, which to me is bad.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:09 pm I watched Boris. Very tough restrictions. Shopping for necessities but as infrequent as possible. Exercise once a day. Gatherings of no more than two people. Weddings and other events except funerals cancelled. Go to and from work only if no other options. To me, this is good.

Meanwhile in my area things are very loosy-goosy, which to me is bad.
yes I see that we might be back to business as usual by next week? Interesting press conference.