Reduction of Car Insurance Premium

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Reduction of Car Insurance Premium

Post by littlemiss63 »

I just received an e-mail that my insurance company is reducing my car insurance by 15% for the months of April & May. I am with Traveler's and I had seen where a couple of other companies had reduced theirs this morning. Allstate was one and I can't remember the other one off the top of my head, wasn't one that I was familiar with. It may not all be the way it seems coming from our media, but I am impressed with the way our companies have stepped up to the plate to help people during this time. Anyone else experienced this?
clemencia2us

Re: Reduction of Car Insurance Premium

Post by clemencia2us »

USAA is discounting 20%
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Wouldn’t you know, my company State Farm is just “thinking” about it!

I read that Geico and Liberty Mutual are doing the discounts, also.
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Hmmm.. we have geico I'm gonna have to check and see. It would be nice to get a discount there. DH gym membership was discounted for this month to half off since all gyms are closed in our state.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:48 pm Wouldn’t you know, my company State Farm is just “thinking” about it!

I read that Geico and Liberty Mutual are doing the discounts, also.
Geico sent the notice this a.m. - 15% off April - October invoicing. Which is nice, but... is it because there are so few people on the roads? Is my teenager suddenly deemed less of a risk because she's totally schooling at home and hasn't driven any farther than the post office (less than 2 miles away) in almost a month?

Who knows. I'll take the $ and not complain :lol:
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:34 pm Geico sent the notice this a.m. - 15% off April - October invoicing. Which is nice, but... is it because there are so few people on the roads? Is my teenager suddenly deemed less of a risk because she's totally schooling at home and hasn't driven any farther than the post office (less than 2 miles away) in almost a month?

Who knows. I'll take the $ and not complain :lol:
Sandi that is what my e-mail indicated, they were giving it to me because of staying home and driving less. I am sure with fewer drivers on the road that it will definitely cut down their accident rate.