Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by clemencia2us »

our governor just announced 700 new cases in just one city - Amarillo Texas

They do have meat processing plants ....so....

But that is a huge number
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Don't know if it's true or not, but a nurse told me that every death now in hospitals are being connected to the virus. Why, the hospital will get more federal money. If it is true, shame on them.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:23 pm Don't know if it's true or not, but a nurse told me that every death now in hospitals are being connected to the virus. Why, the hospital will get more federal money. If it is true, shame on them.
no not true
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:42 amno not true
floridacatlover probably has better info
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:23 pm Don't know if it's true or not, but a nurse told me that every death now in hospitals are being connected to the virus. Why, the hospital will get more federal money. If it is true, shame on them.
No, it isn't true Littlemiss. It is something that conspiracy theorists are trying to make people believe.

When people die of AIDS, they are not really doing so from the AIDS or HIV virus. Instead they are dying from the complications that arise from this virus. If they had not gotten HIV/AIDS these complications would not have arisen causing their death. Do we say they died of pneumonia or do we say they died of AIDS? Of course we say they died of AIDS.

This virus causes complications that would not have arisen if the person did not contract the novel corona virus Covid-19. So of course we wouldn't say this person died of kidney failure or total collapse of every bodily function since if the person hadn't contacted Covid-19 they would not have died.

I could name other diseases that do the same type of invasive destroy mission. But I am pretty sure you get the idea I am trying to convey.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Sso far Northwestern Ontario (reaching to the Manitoba border and way far north to Hudson Bay) has had 95 cases with 89 resolved (meaning fully recovered) and one death with a man in his 50's with underlying conditions. We have had a definite flattening of the curve. Many of the cases were associated with the mine which had remained open and the men lived in very close living quarters. Quite a few were related to people living on a northern reserve, where people tend to live in cramped homes, so harder to maintain social distancing. On the whole, people in our city are taking it seriously, although I do notice more car traffic now that the weather is nicer. Foot traffic has also increased.

It certainly has changed the way I do shopping! I do my groceries almost exclusively through pick up orders now. It's common and expected for there to be a line before you can enter a grocery or hardware store. And it is a requirement to take a cart in both (even if you're only picking up a few items) to maintain social distancing. There are arrows indicating the direction of the aisles and you're not allowed to pass anyone, no matter how pokey they may be. And at the checkouts there are red dots to indicate where you should be standing.

Although there's not outright price gouging, there are not as many bargains as you could find before. You can expect limits on some items, especially meat now. Some things are still impossible to find, such as Lysol wipes and Purell. Restaurants are offering free delivery to stay afloat as well as an increasing number of small businesses.

Golf courses are now open except for the municipal courses which are due to open next Friday. You are not allowed to share a cart with anyone and social distancing must be respected. The clubhouse, concession stand and washrooms are closed. Provincial parks and camp grounds also opened but again no amenities such as washrooms or laundromats.

Schools are still closed and in all probability won't reopen until next September. Our university and college will be offering online courses only next September. Librairies remain closed as well as all community centres and swimming pools, gyms, etc.

So it's still pretty strict lockdown

Creative