Daily check in May 23, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in May 23, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Saturday morning all. Let's get started.

mbrudnic

Re: Daily check in May 23, 2020

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Missed my usual laundry day yesterday, so first load is in now. I don't need a whole lot from the grocery, but do want fresh veggies. I also broke my grater, so i want to get a new one. But no hurry, I have all weekend.

It is supposed to be warm, so I will need to get out for a walk. The boys and I took a walk yesterday. DGS3 on a scooter and DGS6 on his bike. Bad idea. But all ended well. DGS3 fell asleep afterwards. Then he insisted on putting on pajamas. At 3 in the afternoon. DGS6 seemed very disappointed that he did not see his teacher when we drove in to the school to drop off his library books and pick up his belongings. He was moody. Poor kid.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Glad you are posting frugalmom and sharing. Long posts are ok by me.

I expect another lovely day in Central Florida and here at home. The warm temperatures yesterday kicked off late afternoon storms that refilled my rain barrels and watered everything nicely. I did weeding and raking and filled 2 trashcans. I cut back the fern trying to take over, raked and then mowed. One area of the yard near the lake has many cypress knees and that is a challenging area to keep up with. The heat index was in the triple digits most of the afternoon, so it was slow work with breaks.

Today, I expect to continue weeding and puttering in the yard until the predicted afternoon storms come. Summer heat and afternoon storm weather has started a bit early this year. I still have to be careful about leaning over due to the tooth extraction, so little or no garden building or moving concrete blocks today.

Today, I will cook miscellaneous frozen fish from the freezer. I don't like to mix fish types when cooking, so that can result in a piece here and there. However, strong Cajun seasoning works for all fish. Tomorrow, I will cook up the package of chicken breasts that was hiding in the bottom of the freezer. I will put off thawing the bag of mystery meat until later in the week because we won't have garbage service until Thursday due to the Monday holiday. If it is not fit to eat, it won't be around to stink up the kitchen. Meanwhile we will begin on the last 5 lb roll of ground beef. Around the 1st of June, the freezer should be empty and defrosted. Well, that is the plan.

Today, I am grateful for Florida summer storms that water the garden and bring cooling temperatures. Have a good day all and a lovely weekend.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning!!

I am up and having my coffee. Reading headlines and relaxing before I start getting dressed to hit the trail

Will have to cut back due to injuries. Each of us have irritated ankles. I guess you could call it that

Walking partner saw a doctor yesterday and he recommended cutting back. I wasn't at first but then thought well why not? I will add situps maybe.

Might go to mass in the evening. Will be the first one since the start of this.

Have a great day.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:34 am
Good morning!!

I am up and having my coffee. Reading headlines and relaxing before I start getting dressed to hit the trail

Will have to cut back due to injuries. Each of us have irritated ankles. I guess you could call it that

Walking partner saw a doctor yesterday and he recommended cutting back. I wasn't at first but then thought well why not? I will add situps maybe.

Might go to mass in the evening. Will be the first one since the start of this.

Have a great day.
Clem, I just got an email from our church and more Mass times have been added on Sunday. We can have 10 people at each one of these Masses, so a grand total of about 80 people can attend Mass each week. Our provincial government still says no more than 10 people in a gathering. Our church probably holds close to 1,000 people so only having 10 in at a time will be strange. Hubby and I are considering our choices. We might wait until the next addition of people to the pews.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Dark clouds scuttling across the sky this morning, and the ground is damp at the old homestead. Good thing as it was getting really dry here and I am keeping my fingers crossed for more rain to fall.

As I said to Clem our church is opening up for 10 people to attend Mass at a time. Considering the size of the parish, that is just the tiniest tip of the iceberg here. Hubby and I will wait until the numbers allowed to attend are greater. I think I might cry to see the church that empty.

I am hoping that with the little bit of rain we got I can get the rest of the weeding done in the perennial bed. I also see where some of the bulbs I planted are now coming up so will add the remaining bulbs to areas where there is space. I will need to head out at some point today and pick up some portulaca and perhaps see if I can find a delphinium or other interesting plant. Then I am done....well I guess my thyme died so I need to get one of those as well.

I did a small stock up on Thursday at the fabric store in the city while DS attended an online meeting. I could have bought more but felt sorry for all those waiting in line outside to get in. I was there a bit early so got to be one of the first into the store.

Frugal habits will be back in practice until it is time to head to the city once again in about two weeks. DS's appointment is in the early afternoon so we will probably just head up that day. I don't even know if we will stay overnight or not as there will more than likely be two of us.....

Well supper tonight if the weather holds will be on the smoker and BBQ (need the BBQ for the veggies). I made a fire in the firepit last night and if the weather gets decent and dries out the cushions, tonight's fire will be on the deck in the propane firepit.

Off to get the day started with a walk.

Joy is knowing that I left everything tidy for DS in his apartment.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.