Daily check in May 23, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily check in May 23, 2020

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. We had more rain and thunder last night, which meant that DH had to get up with the dogs. The younger ones are afraid and the oldest one wants to go do battle with the storm. It makes for unrestful times!

Today I am not sure what's on the agenda. It's too wet to work outside. There's still sewing to do and my little desk needs organizing. I need to think up something for supper, but lordy, I am burned out in cooking!

There's an estate sale going on up the street today, which in normal times I would be all over, but we decided we have no need to be crowded in a house with a bunch of careless strangers, so it's another safe at home day here.

Y'all stay safe at home too.
Mackie

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

The rpiscopal church has a series of steps and nonin church services sny time soon. The first step is opening buildings for staff, the second is limited in person pastoral care and so on. I will continue using our Facebook streaming for church, coffee hour and Bible study.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I kept waking up last night, at least I was able to fall asleep again each time.

Yesterday I realized that I had some hair bands that were super thin that I didn’t like. I decided to try them to make ear loops for masks. They do work, but are more difficult to sew in place because I don’t have a high power sewing machine. I have finished modifying my masks.

We are expecting storms this week end and coming week. they are expecting a cut off low to stay in our area this week.

I put a towel wash into the dryer. I will be washing a load of masks this afternoon after I go check the mail

I haven’t decided on what I want to have for dinner this noon.

I have a lot of sewing trash to pitch.

Penny

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:07 am
We are having it in the church hall since they can set up chairs far apart. Hard to do that with pews. Have to wear a mask and have to use hand sanitizer as you walk in.

Only families that are around each other daily can sit together. We have four masses and the last two on Sunday are starting later so everything can be wiped down.

I plan on going and sitting in the back. No communion for me. My friend that was going to go has changed her mind. She said Rachel Maddow scared her last night.

I told her - girl - you go to walmart, the mall, starbucks, other restaurants etc. Out and about almost daily - you could get it there too. I thought it was funny. We shall see how many show up

I know lots of the older members with health issues won't be attending. They will still have it on youtube.
Same here, they will still live stream Mass from the Archdiocese.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Another change picker upper here as well. I have noticed though that there is less and less change to pick up on the streets.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Quilter51 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:17 am
The rpiscopal church has a series of steps and nonin church services sny time soon. The first step is opening buildings for staff, the second is limited in person pastoral care and so on. I will continue using our Facebook streaming for church, coffee hour and Bible study.
The Episcopal (Anglican as it is called here in Canada) church here in my city is opening for two services on Sundays. One at 8 am and one at 10 am. They have a very small congregation with probably 10 people attending both services. I sometimes wonder how on earth they manage to pay the priest and all the upkeep on the building. I know they do a great deal of fund raising, but that has been curtailed due to the virus.

When we do our exchanges (our readers go there and their readers go to our church) I always use a guest envelope.