Daily check in May 23, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily check in May 23, 2020

Post by MackerelCat »

Pizza sounds so good, Janet.

We got your rain, Little Miss!

I have the sewing finished, having run elastic through the back waistband of my trousers to take them up so they don't fall off me* and whipped up a batch of five cloth masks. That gives me a fresh one for every work day when I start work.

* As much as I wish the loose britches were caused by substantial weight loss, it's something funny with the fabric. I put them on and they fit just like all the other Lee petite trousers, and in a couple of hours, a small child could climb into the waist with me, but they fit fine elsewhere. It's very weird.
Mackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackielou wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:12 am Clem, I just got an email from our church and more Mass times have been added on Sunday. We can have 10 people at each one of these Masses, so a grand total of about 80 people can attend Mass each week. Our provincial government still says no more than 10 people in a gathering. Our church probably holds close to 1,000 people so only having 10 in at a time will be strange. Hubby and I are considering our choices. We might wait until the next addition of people to the pews.
We’re still not allowed any more than groups of 5, unless your biological family exceeds that. So it’s a bit stricter lockdown than you. But again Ontario has much higher rates of the virus.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:08 pm We’re still not allowed any more than groups of 5, unless your biological family exceeds that. So it’s a bit stricter lockdown than you. But again Ontario has much higher rates of the virus.
We just got the groups of 10 at the beginning of the week.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

It was a nice day - warm and alternating rain showers and sun. I did a lot of cleaning and organizing and sweeping out in the garage. I took 3 kitchen size trash bags of clothing to the donation bin at a local church. Housekeeping wise I only needed to vacuum so I got that done.

I was very tired after all that, probably because I was up at 5:00 a.m. so had a lovely long nap from 2:30-ish until 4:10. Horray for long weekends friends - I hope you have a good one!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening beautiful people!

I had written a post earlier but accidentally tapped on an ad and couldn’t return to the page - rather annoying! So will do an abbreviated one now.

No problem passing my time today! Sanitized all the common spaces in the kitchen and dinette first thing this morning. Used a precious Lysol wipe to do all the switches, buttons, tv changer, door knobs, etc. So excited they are finally back in stock at Superstore! Ordered two containers for my order this Monday. But of course, no hand sanitizer.

Three loads of laundry done, hung outside, all dried, folded and put away. Of course some ironing to do so that stuff put aside.

I did my early morning energizing walk and puttered around in the garden. Periods of sun and cloud today.

Stored away more heavy clothing to make way for spring and summer.

Have a great evening everyone,
Creative
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:16 am I ALWAYS pick up pennies, face up or face down.

I roll my pennies for the bank and as I’m rolling them I always look for wheat pennies and save them.

I once found an Indian Head penny in, of all places, McCarren Airport in Las Vegas. (I believe it is real. Can’t say for certain. I’d feel more confident if I had found it in New England.)

I still have my penny books from my childhood.

I’d be sad if they discontinued pennies. Canada has already discontinued pennies. They round up or round down for taxes. I have a container half full of Canadian pennies that I pulled out while rolling pennies over the years. Now they are obsolete.

Thank you, Logics, for your research and presentation of interesting days!
A kindred soul. Everyone in our family picks up coins. I got it from my dad. I'm not sure where Erin got it from, but she's very competitive when we go out for walks. I've never seen it happen (cough cough), but legend has it that she'll step on your hand, if you're going for the same coin.

I had no idea that Canada had discontinued pennies. I probably have 75-100 of them, plus $5-6 bucks worth or other Canadian coins.

Ditto for me on the penny books.

:D