Daily check in May 27, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily check in May 27, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I found myself walking down the pet food aisle today. This could take a very long time.

I have done a bit of baking as well as some extra cleaning. Haven't gotten as much done as I had planned, but it is time to start the meat sauce for the spaghetti and get the garlic bread prepared to go in the oven when I start the spaghetti in an hour or so.

Strawberries need to be cleaned, sliced and hit with a bit of sugar to get the juices flowing. Cream still needs whipping. Strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Off to spend some more time in the kitchen.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

LWolfT, you'd best burn some sage and mutter some incantations to get Murphy to move along at your house! :-D

We are Day Two of waiting for the emergency plumber to show up. At least DH got the hot water in the hallway bathtub slowed to a trickle and everyone can shower in the master bath.

This morning I took Homeless Buddy to the bus stop so he could go to a hiring event at a new restaurant and he came back with a new job starting Friday. He was getting hardly any hours at Papa John's, so this is a big improvement. His plans are to save up for a 50cc scooter so he has transportation and does not have to depend on us to take him to work. Then comes housing, which is tough because rent is ridiculous around here.

Then I took Little Single Mom to the store and stayed in the car with the baby while she and her four-year-old did grocery shopping. She has been hard at work on the phone, lining up an apartment in a neighborhood with better schools (and one hopes no rats in the kitchen and no drug dealers across the street), arranging day care for the baby, contacting her employer and doing a lot of really organized "adulting".

So I got nothing done myself, but my tribe is doing great today. Hope you all are too.
Mackie
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Evening Everyone,

I am so darn excited until I don't know what to do. My Fed-Ex man just came and brought me 5 boxes of Ritz Hint of Salt crackers to last a little while, my 2 jars of Kraft Mayo, 16 cans of Starkist Tuna packed in Water and my roll of parchment paper. I think I love this delivery to the front door service even better than picking up at Walmart. I am still amazed that the crackers aren't available at either Kroger or at Walmart stores, yet I can get them online at the website. I don't care where they come from, just so I get them. I got free shipping on over $30.00 order, so you can't beat that. Considering savings of time and wear and tear on my nerves of heavy traffic it's a win-win for me.

Had a good day at treatment and felt really good when I got home, not as tired as usual. This is the 7th trouble free stick day and I'm beginning to feel more confident that my access is getting there. When it does then Mr. B and I can plan some trips together. I am not that crazy about another center sticking me, but if it means we get to spend more time together then that is good. I worry that he will not like me spending three hours away from him in a strange place, but we will see how it works. He and his oldest sister-in-law ( oldest brothers wife, he passed 2 years ago) are planning on coming to spend 2 weeks with me the 14th of June. She will be able to entertain him while I'm gone to treatment, take me and they will have the use of my car should they want to go out to lunch or something. We were all raised in the same town, so have lots of stuff in common with one another. I've not seen Layla, his sweet little fur-baby since last August and I can't wait to see her too. Also, another break-thru in the daughter hate relation-ship. She is bringing both of them to my house and going to spend her time with a good friend down in Tulahoma, Tennessee. He didn't want to drive to Memphis and then come here after picking up L, and Pam actually volunteered to bring them if he wanted to come. So, it's all going to work out beautifully. Maybe, she will feel better when she sees that I don't live in a shack and don't need or want Daddy's money. I am actually feeling a little smug about it, for I think her curiosity has finally gotten the best of her. Today when I drove into my driveway, I looked at my lawn and house and thought how lucky I am to have a beautiful place to live in that is paid for and I don't have to worry about where my next meal is coming from. We are all blessed beyond measure and forget sometimes to give thanks for the beautiful area's that we live in. I know that Mackie, Owned & Aaron/Erin will agree with me that Tennessee is one beautiful state. Everyone of us live in States that are unique.

Jackie, I have thought about you today and send hugs. (((((hugs))))). I hope Rinty is doing well, I sure miss her and her posts. I've joined the world of sleepless nights and I don't like it. I was washing my hair at 4:00 this morning. I get in bed and all I do is toss and turn. I can't stand it, so I get up and clean house or pamper myself. Mackie, I am so amazed at the difference you are making in two peoples world, my hat is off to you. I'm going to get into bed early and see if I can get a good nights sleep. Love all of you and have great evenings and remember, stay safe! I am pleased to see a good number of people wearing their masks and just hope we've not opened up our state too soon. I wouldn't want the job of having to make that decision, but our elected officials never knew when they got elected to their jobs that they would be controlling life and death situations.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

glad you had a great day Little Miss!!

Enjoy life
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:30 pm glad you had a great day Little Miss!!

Enjoy life
Thank you Clem, and I am going to do my very best. We aren't promised tomorrow, so we all need to enjoy every day that is given to us. I thought about you today when I got my crackers, you are the same way about Schwan's ice cream. :lol: :lol:
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:36 pm LWolfT, you'd best burn some sage and mutter some incantations to get Murphy to move along at your house! :-D

We are Day Two of waiting for the emergency plumber to show up. At least DH got the hot water in the hallway bathtub slowed to a trickle and everyone can shower in the master bath.

This morning I took Homeless Buddy to the bus stop so he could go to a hiring event at a new restaurant and he came back with a new job starting Friday. He was getting hardly any hours at Papa John's, so this is a big improvement. His plans are to save up for a 50cc scooter so he has transportation and does not have to depend on us to take him to work. Then comes housing, which is tough because rent is ridiculous around here.

Then I took Little Single Mom to the store and stayed in the car with the baby while she and her four-year-old did grocery shopping. She has been hard at work on the phone, lining up an apartment in a neighborhood with better schools (and one hopes no rats in the kitchen and no drug dealers across the street), arranging day care for the baby, contacting her employer and doing a lot of really organized "adulting".

So I got nothing done myself, but my tribe is doing great today. Hope you all are too.
Mackie looks like your chicks are getting ready to spread their wings so that you do not have to hover so much.. You are such a blessing to them. I do not know how they would have managed to come as far as they have without your love, kindness and support.
Janet Alliesmama