Daily Check-in June 18,2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in June 18,2020

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:06 am $2 a pop! He's too rich for my blood ;)

The condiments, though... I can relate. We have a cute little family-run Chinese food place nearby that will do gluten-free stuff, so they're our go-to when we're all just too 'meh' to cook (1-2 times/month) and what do they automatically put in the bags? Soy sauce packets. The regular kind. We've told them when we've been right there as it was being bagged up - we won't need those - but it's like, once it's in the bag, they can't take it out. So... DH takes them to work and leaves them on the tables where the microwaves are, people use them. Lately, though, we have like 6 orders' worth of soy sauce and NO ONE at DH's office. It's getting wheaty here!

Much to DD's dismay Taco Bell, her favorite for fast food, is pretty particular about the # of packets of sauce they put in anything. We used to have a drawer with at least 5 packets of hot sauce at any given time but, no more. And salsa verde is just... gone.
Back in the olden days when I use to do the occasional carryout I would tell them no napkins, no plastic fork, no soy sauce or sweet and sour packets. They would look at me like they could not believe what I was saying. lol.
Janet Alliesmama
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:47 am Back in the olden days when I use to do the occasional carryout I would tell them no napkins, no plastic fork, no soy sauce or sweet and sour packets. They would look at me like they could not believe what I was saying. lol.
LOL, we go to mcdonlds almost every day for breakfast. (I go in (mask) ) and we eat in the car, stuff is adding up, packets of this and that , but the bags are "pre-filled" and it would be more work for everyone to ask them to not if me this and that.

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

This morning DH has an foot appt for his blisters that we are treating we will go to lunch, not breakfast today.

This afternoon, we drop Sophie, the puppy, off for 4 weeks. She is a sweetee, I am going to miss her, but she is very food and toy aggressive.

Sophie has had all of her shots, but her Vet said not to walk her for 2 weeks (????)

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:53 am Good morning beautiful people,

Another beautiful day outside and I fully intend to celebrate Picnic Day - it will be in our own backyard though. Dh is going golfing today. We had a nice day yesterday and actually went for two walks. In the morning we went on a fairly secluded river path. In the afternoon we walked by the waterfront and the cool breeze from Lake Superior was actually welcomed as it was quite hot. More of the same is predicted for today.

Yesterday I received a call from the Cancer Centre and I will be starting treatment today. My appointment is late morning so I’ll play it by ear what I’ll do in the afternoon. Dh wanted to stay back but I encouraged him to go to golf. He can’t come inside the hospital and side effects are not usually felt until the second week anyway. I intend to walk to and from the hospital. It’s only a little more than half a mile anyway and as much exercise as possible is encouraged.

The house and garden are both in very good shape and there’s nothing pressing I must do. Lots of food on hand as well which is a good feeling. Some frozen entrees to fall back on as well.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Thinking great thoughts for you.

When my mother had her radiation treatments for her cancer, she walked to the hospital and back.

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:17 am Good morning all!

I am awake because this is my new wake-up time. So far so good.

Well did have some issues with my senior dog. I swear he has dementia. He kept hopping off the bed. Started about 3am. Thank goodness i had been asleep since 9, so don't feel sleepy.

Poor thing would start barking. He had already done his business on his pads. He drank water. Finally I gave him and the others a snack. Then he settled down. He has food available. Always keep their bowl filled, but guess he wanted something different. He finally went back to sleep.

I made sure to get up at 5 so I would have time to piddle around before I take off on my walk. Yesterday was awful. In such a rush.

Hope all have a great day
Poor doggie, poor mommy.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:27 pm This morning DH has an foot appt for his blisters that we are treating we will go to lunch, not breakfast today.

This afternoon, we drop Sophie, the puppy, off for 4 weeks. She is a sweetee, I am going to miss her, but she is very food and toy aggressive.

Sophie has had all of her shots, but her Vet said not to walk her for 2 weeks (????)

IC
Glad you are able to send Sophie for training. With your DH being disabled you need to have a pet that will obey you. I do hope your DH's blister's get better and go away. Take care of yourself as well.
Janet Alliesmama