Great Reminder

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ownedbydogs

Re: Great Reminder

Post by ownedbydogs »

littlemiss63 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:04 pm I am so sorry, I didn't realize when I posted this that it could be construed as political. Jackie can you delete the post for me?
Why should it be removed? They had several political posts from others lately.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

No reason to remove this. I love this song and it was written in response to 9-11 , I am fairly sure. The fact that he performed it for trump does not erase the beauty ot its original meaning.

I dont get the boycotting the music thing, at all.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:56 am No reason to remove this. I love this song and it was written in response to 9-11 , I am fairly sure. The fact that he performed it for trump does not erase the beauty ot its original meaning.

I dont get the boycotting the music thing, at all.
no much earlier than that. Looked it up and it was 1984.

I remember he played at our base in Sicily. That was around 1989
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ownedbydogs wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:49 am Why should it be removed? They had several political posts from others lately.
Marked as political so that you can read them if you chose or stay away from them and as long as they are civil (I check and I am sure Aaron does as well) no problem.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ambereyedmonkey

Post by ambereyedmonkey »

thank you so much for posting this littlemiss. it is perfect for this day and those of us who still love this country. this is only political if you make it so.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Thank you Amber.