Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by Jackielou »

frugalaaron wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:44 am 126 active cases in our county, as of yesterday. 33 new cases announced on 7/7.

Erin and I (and the girls) have been in self-isolation since March 16.
Take care of yourselves. I know things are not good for our southern neighbours.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

One of my husband's co-worker's reported that his wife attended a wedding and came home with the virus. The husband now has it. Fortunately, they have all been working remotely.
Mackie
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Our county has 12,549 and has had 208 deaths. Cases are skyrocketing here. Yesterday was the highest count ever. Covid has just dug in. I worry about people living in housing complexes, etc. where it's harder to social distance, and many are without proper healthcare already. It's always in the back of my mind.

I went to Aldi's today, which was the first time I've been in a retail store in a couple months. Everyone I saw was masked, but several had it down below their nose. WHY?
Patty
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

Yikes.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

chocolite wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:30 pm Our county has 12,549 and has had 208 deaths. Cases are skyrocketing here. Yesterday was the highest count ever. Covid has just dug in. I worry about people living in housing complexes, etc. where it's harder to social distance, and many are without proper healthcare already. It's always in the back of my mind.

I went to Aldi's today, which was the first time I've been in a retail store in a couple months. Everyone I saw was masked, but several had it down below their nose. WHY?
That’s just like not wearing a mask. Don’t they realize that or are they just trying to make a point?
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Just curious- in the U.S. do you have access to local information about how many tested, how many negative results, how many active cases, how many resolved, how many deaths. Our local health unit must update this information daily. With more movement of people traveling. I fear visitors from Southern Ontario May increase the spread.