Daily Check In August 5th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BevMoore

Re: Daily Check In August 5th

Post by BevMoore »

Update:

Took the van in servicing. I provided the recall notice a while back regarding emissions and fuel pump. I have a full tank of gas but the dealership told me I have to be down to a half tank max. to get the work done. Then I came home to find I received a notice from DMV that my registration is incomplete due to the recall issue. So I have to get down to half a tank. I am not going to waste my gas so it may be awhile before I get my tags. But if I get followed by the police on the road they can scan my license plate number and see that the fees have been paid so I won't get cited.

While I was at the dealership I noticed what a beautiful day it was, cool and breezy, so I took a super long walk while waiting for my van. I had not done that since my job ended and I was glad to see I can still do it. So I really hope there will be work for me later on down the line. I really miss the crazy kids and the outdoor work.

I will be relaxing the rest of the day. Nothing I need to do and nowhere I have to be. Stay healthy everyone!

Bev
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, frugal ones. I am done with online training today, which was beastly. Everything was all about crime, violence and discrimination today. I had a beer and a bagel for supper after that!

Tomorrow is back to work at last, which I hope will be a lot better than online training. DH and I share a workspace at home. I have an uncomfortable folding chair at a tiny, narrow desk and have to wear earphones. It is an unpleasant way to spend four hours a day. My legs and back ache after spending that much time hunched up.

Homeless Buddy finally has a work schedule that corresponds fairly closely to mine, so he can ride to work with me and I will pick him up afterward. That will save me a good bit on gas.

I have spent a little bit lately, having ordered some used books for Little Single Mom's older son for his birthday, three blouses from Swap.com (very reasonable secondhand clothes site), and bought a novel off eBay that LSM and I both want to read. It's a new book, but I paid a third of what it sells for new because someone read it and posted it for sale.

LSM worked out an arrangement with her landlord, who had a change of heart about evicting her, and she has school and childcare for her kids, so I have been working the care network to see about getting her old car running so she can get to work enough to pay her utilities and other non-food essentials. Everybody cross fingers for her.

And that's about it.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

jgomez1002 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:05 pm Good Morning Everyone!

Rinty, I love your check ins... Clem, Your walks inspire me... Jackie, your cloth stash keep me thinking of new ways to use what I have.

I plan on walking 45 minutes today for exercise, cleaning off/sorting through two shelves in the basement, making jam, weeding the flower garden, weeding some in the garden, eating from my veggie garden and leftovers, and attempting to dust. I dislike dusting. I may meet a friend for outdoor dining for dinner tonight. I'll use a gift card.

Regards,
JGomez
Happy that it is giving you a boost to get out there

I feel so much better after i walk.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:55 pm Hi, frugal ones. I am done with online training today, which was beastly. Everything was all about crime, violence and discrimination today. I had a beer and a bagel for supper after that!

Tomorrow is back to work at last, which I hope will be a lot better than online training. DH and I share a workspace at home. I have an uncomfortable folding chair at a tiny, narrow desk and have to wear earphones. It is an unpleasant way to spend four hours a day. My legs and back ache after spending that much time hunched up.

Homeless Buddy finally has a work schedule that corresponds fairly closely to mine, so he can ride to work with me and I will pick him up afterward. That will save me a good bit on gas.

I have spent a little bit lately, having ordered some used books for Little Single Mom's older son for his birthday, three blouses from Swap.com (very reasonable secondhand clothes site), and bought a novel off eBay that LSM and I both want to read. It's a new book, but I paid a third of what it sells for new because someone read it and posted it for sale.

LSM worked out an arrangement with her landlord, who had a change of heart about evicting her, and she has school and childcare for her kids, so I have been working the care network to see about getting her old car running so she can get to work enough to pay her utilities and other non-food essentials. Everybody cross fingers for her.

And that's about it.
Mackie said a prayer for LSM and her situation. Hope something comes along soon to help out.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Greetings y'all, just a few minutes till supper is done (oven roasted veggies - finally cool enough to use the oven) and I'm starving.

Things have been a bit hectic and stressful for me recently - I am running around like a crazy person, about to meet myself coming from the other direction! Many projects need to be done on the homefront and those are time consuming and work is so busy that each day flies by almost as if it's speeding out of control.

Ahhhhhh, I cannot complain, I am healthy and safe and have all I need and so much more - just wishing to slow down a bit - or a lot. Taking things one at a time and doing my best - that is all we can do. Be well my friends.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Thank you, Janet. You are such a sweetheart.
Mackie