Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by ohjodi »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:01 am

They would sit out in their front porch on a swing having coffee. Today she was there by herself. Very sad. :(
Sit on her lawn and talk with her for a bit, bring your own chair. If she has a big porch, sit at the other end of it. Bring some flowers. Or coffee.
ohjodi
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

If you and all the other neighbors were close to them, I think ohjodi has a good suggestion. It doesn't have to be a daily thing or an all at once thing, but maybe you all could take turns. Losing someone you've lived with for a long time isn't easy as you find yourself having to rebuild your life from scratch. This woman in addition to now grieving her husband, her best friend, and lost half of her income which is a major loss and requires a lot of adjusting to this new way of living especially if her life had pretty much revolved around her husband. It will be especially hard if she has no family close by or never lived on her own before and she could find herself very lonely.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:21 am If you and all the other neighbors were close to them, I think ohjodi has a good suggestion. It doesn't have to be a daily thing or an all at once thing, but maybe you all could take turns. Losing someone you've lived with for a long time isn't easy as you find yourself having to rebuild your life from scratch. This woman in addition to now grieving her husband, her best friend, and lost half of her income which is a major loss and requires a lot of adjusting to this new way of living especially if her life had pretty much revolved around her husband. It will be especially hard if she has no family close by or never lived on her own before and she could find herself very lonely.
Thankfully she has two daughters that live close by and grandkids. And other family members here in our small town. They were very active in the church and led several groups.

They had a car drive by thing the other day and people were dropping off supplies and food.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:01 am Just found out that my niece in law tested positive for the virus.

She is at home under quarantine

My nephew works for the large grocery chain. Wonder if he transmitted it to her in some way. He is around lots of folks.

So far it is a mild case. hope it stays that way.

I drove by the home of the couple that had the virus. Few blocks away. The hubby was buried this Wednesday.

They would sit out in their front porch on a swing having coffee. Today she was there by herself. Very sad. :(
So very sad. She must be terribly lonely. Is there any way you can visit her for coffee some day? Perhaps sit on the porch steps while she is having coffee and talk for a bit.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:01 am Just found out that my niece in law tested positive for the virus.

She is at home under quarantine

My nephew works for the large grocery chain. Wonder if he transmitted it to her in some way. He is around lots of folks.

So far it is a mild case. hope it stays that way.

I drove by the home of the couple that had the virus. Few blocks away. The hubby was buried this Wednesday.

How scary for your niece, and sad for your neighbor.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:44 am How scary for your niece, and sad for your neighbor.
What is scary is that she is a teacher and they had been meeting in large groups prior to school starting!

Did she get it there? Is the school going to test all the employees before they start. :shock: