My family has been infected.

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ownedbydogs

Re: My family has been infected.

Post by ownedbydogs »

Sandy wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:43 am I'm very sorry for your loss. How do doctors know it wasn't Coronavirus?
[/ I think he just had a tele call to the dr who told him he would b safer at home unless he got worse as the hospitals are full here. He waited too long to go.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

colonialgirl wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:00 am Owned- I am so sorry for your losses.

Sandy - I will say a prayer for your ex BIL.

I am holding my breath since my great nieces and nephews in Tx and Ok seem to be maskless wonders and are out and about partying. I truly fear for them.
The anti-maskers are getting dangerous. Here, they point and make nasty, snarky remarks if you're wearing a mask. Several towns around me have placed mask mandates in place and the anti-maskers are absolutely going nuts! They are suing mayors, trying to get the mandates dropped. Now...I ask you in all honesty...what kind of misinformed misfit thinks COVID is a hoax??? Where are we hiding 160,000+ deceased Americans???
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

That's what I was asking. How do you know your nephew's dad didn't die of COVID?
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

So glad my son and his roommates took action once they realized they had an infected visitor. DS was not present when the infected visitor was there. But 3 days later when they found out the infected visitor was suffering symptoms, they all confined themselves to their individual bedrooms, wore masks when they had to move around the house, cleaned the bathroom after use, sanitized the house and had one person cooking for all (That was DS). DS tested negative twice, the other three plus a girlfriend all tested positive. They all told him to "Get out". They will be cleared as of Tuesday but DS is staying with another friend all next week. He says they are all doing well. 2 remained asymptomatic, the girlfriend suffer from a loss of taste and smell and exhaustion. The other roommate, who has asthma, had some breathing symptoms but is doing OK.

So I'd say, evasive actions are worth taking. As well as Mackie's experience with her husband having it but the rest of the household escaped the virus.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:11 am So glad my son and his roommates took action once they realized they had an infected visitor. DS was not present when the infected visitor was there. But 3 days later when they found out the infected visitor was suffering symptoms, they all confined themselves to their individual bedrooms, wore masks when they had to move around the house, cleaned the bathroom after use, sanitized the house and had one person cooking for all (That was DS). DS tested negative twice, the other three plus a girlfriend all tested positive. They all told him to "Get out". They will be cleared as of Tuesday but DS is staying with another friend all next week. He says they are all doing well. 2 remained asymptomatic, the girlfriend suffer from a loss of taste and smell and exhaustion. The other roommate, who has asthma, had some breathing symptoms but is doing OK.

So I'd say, evasive actions are worth taking. As well as Mackie's experience with her husband having it but the rest of the household escaped the virus.
Thank God for those with more than one brain cell!
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Sandy wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:15 am Thank God for those with more than one brain cell!
Yes! They had a talk with their roommate who is a good friend of the initial infected guy. Apparently when roommate is around this friend, he gets a little incautious.