Warning: Political

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Warning: Political

Post by clemencia2us »

CG - I can see him being re-elected - have to be prepared

And I agree now with y'all about taking SS at 62!

Read up about that Mark Meadows his new chief of staff. One of the original tea party members. They want to do away with government. He is in control. They play the orange man like a puppet.

Good articles today in NYTimes and Washington Post about this.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:21 pm
CG - I can see him being re-elected - have to be prepared

And I agree now with y'all about taking SS at 62!

Read up about that Mark Meadows his new chief of staff. One of the original tea party members. They want to do away with government. He is in control. They play the orange man like a puppet.

Good articles today in NYTimes and Washington Post about this.
I can see Trump being re-elected, too, so I’m preparing myself.

I pulled up my SS statement this afternoon. My 66th birthday (full retirement for my age group) is next month. Waiting until 70 does give me significantly more but by my calculation I break even at 80.

I don’t see this virus going away anytime soon. As long as I have my Pippi I won’t travel anyplace far. But after that I’m going to travel, virus or no virus, even if the only places open to Americans is - America. I’m willing to take a risk because I have no close family - but of course I would be as careful as possible and stay away from the lunatic virus deniers. (Dr. Fauci is actually getting death threats.)

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:54 pm

I pulled up my SS statement this afternoon. My 66th birthday (full retirement for my age group) is next month. Waiting until 70 does give me significantly more but by my calculation I break even at 80.

I don’t see this virus going away anytime soon. As long as I have my Pippi I won’t travel anyplace far. But after that I’m going to travel, virus or no virus, even if the only places open to Americans is - America. I’m willing to take a risk because I have no close family - but of course I would be as careful as possible and stay away from the lunatic virus deniers. (Dr. Fauci is actually getting death threats.)
I mentioned that I had a dream last night that we were still dealing with this thing five years from now

Twilight Zone time!

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

floridacatlover wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:54 pm

I'm with you ladies. I am terrified...about Justice Ginsberg (I pray for her health) and about the Bully in Chief being reelected.

FCL, I agree about the traveling, even if the virus continues. We will do some - by car and as safely as possible with existing protocols.
Patty

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

looks like today will be the day of the VP announcement

Let the bashing begin - :lol:

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Kamala Harris