Warning: Political

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Warning: Political

Post by floridacatlover »

There is an opinion piece in the NYT today titled “How to Foil Trump’s Election Night Strategy” that says Trump will claim victory if he has a lead and the mail-in votes have not been counted. He’ll try to say those votes are corrupt and should not be counted.

Even though I’ve voted by mail for probably a decade, I’m going to try my darndest to vote in person, probably with early voting that I think will be less crowded.

So consider voting in person if possible and if you don’t feel too fearful about doing so.

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

clemencia2us wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:18 pm
Kamala Harris
KH wasn't my #1. That said...VOTE BLUE!!!

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

I am voting on election day.I will wear my mask of course and taking gloves and my own pen. I don't think it will be too risky with these precautions.

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

colonialgirl wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:09 pm
I am voting on election day.I will wear my mask of course and taking gloves and my own pen. I don't think it will be too risky with these precautions.
I'm voting in person if I have to crawl into the courthouse.

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

I plan to vote in person as well. Our polls in NY open at 6:00 AM, I will be there waiting with my mask on.

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

LogicsHere wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:21 pm
I plan to vote in person as well. Our polls in NY open at 6:00 AM, I will be there waiting with my mask on.
I'll be doing early voting. We always have early voting the Thursday, Friday and Saturday before the actual Tuesday election day.