I am pretty ticked off - what would you do?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: I am pretty ticked off - what would you do?

Post by Quilter51 »

If its a weekly service they will come ni matter what. It's probably true that its your place to tell them not to come, contract or nir. Customers want wierd things. I would suspend snd say you'll call them when you need them. My company does biweekly nit weekly but they come unless I tell em not to no matter what.
randamax

Post by randamax »

Well, you did say it's a lawn service company. If you knew that your lawn wasn't growing and there was nothing for them to mow, you should have called to let them know you were skipping service until such time as there was something to mow. If they do other gardening tasks, you could have had them continue with those if you wanted them done, but not mow the lawn since there wasn't anything to mow. If your verbal agreement with them is to show up and do the work every XXX weeks/months, etc., then they show up and do it. If they hadn't shown up, they're not living up to their end of the bargain. We don't currently, as my husband is doing our gardening, but when we had service, if there was a change in plan, I always let them know in advance. They are due the courtesy of knowing if there's a change. Just my opinion.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

randamax wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:38 pm Well, you did say it's a lawn service company. If you knew that your lawn wasn't growing and there was nothing for them to mow, you should have called to let them know you were skipping service until such time as there was something to mow. If they do other gardening tasks, you could have had them continue with those if you wanted them done, but not mow the lawn since there wasn't anything to mow. If your verbal agreement with them is to show up and do the work every XXX weeks/months, etc., then they show up and do it. If they hadn't shown up, they're not living up to their end of the bargain. We don't currently, as my husband is doing our gardening, but when we had service, if there was a change in plan, I always let them know in advance. They are due the courtesy of knowing if there's a change. Just my opinion.
Our only verbal agreement is that they won't let the grass get too tall - no frequency of visits was discussed - and in years past, they have adjusted the frequency as the season went along and the grass needed mowing less often. Randa, your opinion makes sense - but I still feel that if there is NOTHING to be mowed - you don't mow. Common sense.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

You would think that they would look and say "not this week" and move on, lol
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Quilter51 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:15 pm You would think that they would look and say "not this week" and move on, lol
Quilter, I hate to think it of anyone - but I really think they're trying to get all the income they can and they're going to mow people's dirt and charge them for it until everyone complains. I mean I "kind of" understand it - mowing is most of their business and most everyone's grass is dead - but I think it's morally wrong - I wouldn't do it.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I agree with Sandi’s suggestions of cancel, ask for credit on past two mows, and find someone else.

My ds15 mows for an elderly couple every other week, and a widow friend about the same. He mows & edges for $25 and they all seem to feel it is a bargain.