my credit score :-(

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
SandiSAHM

Re: my credit score :-(

Post by SandiSAHM »

Upon reflection... ever since we 'froze' our credit, we get a lot fewer credit offers in the mail.

Saves trees, junk mail and annoyance. Yay!
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:47 pm Upon reflection... ever since we 'froze' our credit, we get a lot fewer credit offers in the mail.

Saves trees, junk mail and annoyance. Yay!
I froze my credit when the Equifax breach took place and to think of it, I can't recall getting any of these any more in the mail either. I was always afraid that a piece wouldn't get to me and someone would take advantage of the approved application form.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:30 pm You should still be able to see it. I also have a Discover that I never use. But every now and then I log on to make sure there haven't been any weird charges and it shows a link for your credit score.

Just logged on to check and yes it is there.
I just logged onto Discover for the first time. I had never set it up online. In addition to getting my credit score, I got an email from them a few days ago that they are offering 5% cash back for Oct.-Dec. at Amazon. Walmart.com and Target.com. I assume that includes groceries. So I’ll start using this card.

My credit score was what it has always been, actually a bit higher. Thanks for the tip on checking online. It went down about 10 points in May but is back up and even higher. I’ve never paid much attention to my credit score because I figured I wasn’t applying for any loans. But IC made a good point about it impacting insurance.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:20 pm I just logged onto Discover for the first time. I had never set it up online. In addition to getting my credit score, I got an email from them a few days ago that they are offering 5% cash back for Oct.-Dec. at Amazon. Walmart.com and Target.com. I assume that includes groceries. So I’ll start using this card.

My credit score was what it has always been, actually a bit higher. Thanks for the tip on checking online. It went down about 10 points in May but is back up and even higher. I’ve never paid much attention to my credit score because I figured I wasn’t applying for any loans. But IC made a good point about it impacting insurance.
They have different cash back offers each quarter. They will send you an email reminder.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:20 pm I just logged onto Discover for the first time. I had never set it up online. In addition to getting my credit score, I got an email from them a few days ago that they are offering 5% cash back for Oct.-Dec. at Amazon. Walmart.com and Target.com. I assume that includes groceries. So I’ll start using this card.

Check to be sure it includes groceries. A couple of years ago my Chase card allowed me to choose Walmart for cash back for a month, but the fine print said not groceries.
ohjodi
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ohjodi wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:19 am Check to be sure it includes groceries. A couple of years ago my Chase card allowed me to choose Walmart for cash back for a month, but the fine print said not groceries.
I just checked and it does include groceries ordered for pickup through the app or Walmart.com. So it would not include groceries if someone just went into the store and shopped. It also does not include items on Walmart’s website sold by third-party affiliates.

Amazon, on the other hand, does include items sold by third-party affiliates and surprisingly includes Amazon gift cards. It also includes Prime subscriptions - although my Prime sub doesn’t renew until February.

So quite a good deal.