Jan 13 check in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
AnneX

Re: Jan 13 check in

Post by AnneX »

Good Morning:

I've been up for awhile. I have a couple of loads on the go in the laundry room, have eaten my steel cut oats and berries and done a bit of housework.

As soon as I get my laundry out of the dryers I will get ready to go to yoga.

I will walk over to the bakery after yoga and get a croissant. I cooked two salmon fillets I got on sale, and the one I didn't eat last night will be a sandwich with avocado on a croissant for lunch. I've pulled some black bean soup out of the freezer for supper. I will use up a couple of slices of turkey breast by adding them to to the soup.

I was on the go a lot yesterday so I plan to have a quiet afternoon at home listening to music and working on my projects for my printing class.

today i am grateful that two of the paperwhite narcissus bulbs i planted look almost ready to put out some blooms. Having green plants and flowers indoors really makes it easier to tolerate the cold and gloom outside.

Take care,
AnneX
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am tired this morning. I have a lot to do, I finished the Ladybird. I hope my daughter likes it. I still haven’t decided if I will give it to her Friday or for her Birthday next month.

I started a panda, one of the ones I converted from the bear cub from Super Scary mochimochi. I am tempted to make this one into a polar bear, time will tell.

I am making a panda after all.

I am very restless today.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Valerie, congratulations on your daughter getting the job. That is so awesome!

I slept late this morning, but figure it's just banking some rest for tomorrow when I'll get up at 5:30 a.m. with DH to get ready to take the cat in for dental surgery.

It's warmed up a little today, which is very nice. Our regular kind of January will be back by the weekend, when there's snow predicted for Saturday night. Got some housecleaning to do and a little laundry, as usual.

Hope everyone has a lovely, frugal day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Very nice day here. The sun is out and it will be in the high 60s.

I am sleepy, but managed to attend our usual Wednesday breakfast gathering. Went to see mother also. Then went and purchased lottery tickets. We are going to win!

I was up and down all night having to go to the bathroom. Drank too much water before I went to bed. I would go and then I would hear the COD getting up too.

He really complains about that and I just tell him - "welcome to my world". Really, you get used to it. I guess it is different for men?

He was a pain yesterday. I cooked up a storm so he would have something to eat. I left to meet up with some people. The soup, beans and rice were still on the stove. I came home and he was cleaning up, with an irritated look on his face. These are the kind of things that irritate me. Why not just be glad that I cooked. I was going to clean up anyway. What a pain he is. I never say anything about all the junk he has in the garage. He is a PAIN!

He is gone for the day. I guess he was able to drag himself out of bed.

Have a great day all.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Congrats Valerie ,job well done with your kids!

I did get some decent sleep last night, fiancé had to go spread salt and re-plow/ clean up some business entrances after midnight so by the time I finally got to bed at 1:00 I was tired enough to sleep.

Have been busy this morning , just made a big pan of homemade mac and cheese... homemade béchamel sauce 4 cheeses and pasta By the time it was done I could have stood at the counter and shoveled it into my mouth. But I didn't...I portioned it out and will pass it to family. Another thing I just don't know how to make a small amount of. My family loves it so no problem getting rid of it. :)

It is spitting snow here again today. Very cold, I am glad there is no where I need to be. This cold weather gives me a lot of "no spend days". Will be bringing in fire wood in a bit and then doing floors. By tomorrow I will have a load or 2 of laundry to do. May do it and hang it before bed tonight, so it will dry and I can put it away in the morning. For me being frugal means I have to think ahead.
Have a great day all,
Clem, maybe if you leave a few more messes the COD will leave to get away from them.hehhheeh ;)

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I was discussing these issues with the women this morning and one divorcee said that is why she is glad she lives alone. But I think we are/were with the wrong people.

Not all couples live like this - right? Just on edge?

One relative is "celebrating" their 50th, but dang - they can't even watch TV together without getting on each other's nerves. The man is gone for days. What is that?

Oh and one of the other ladies said that her hubby is a grouch also. But she gives it right back to him. I don't say anything to the COD. I figure, how dumb can you be that you can't see you are being a butt.

The other one that was with us, seems to be very happy. But who knows.