Jan 13 check in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Jan 13 check in

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Valerie, congrats to your daughter!
----------------------
Happy Wednesday everyone!!

Thank you for all the lovely birthday wishes yesterday. They helped to brighten up a day that was rather mediocre and humdrum.

Its sunny but very cold here today. It was 1 degree this morning when I took my boys to school, though it's warmed up to 14 now (my weather app says it feels like 6). I'm feeling very cold, so I built a fire in the wood-stove an hour ago, and the heat feels wonderful!

The girls & I ate leftover GF Potato Broccoli cheese soup & leftover GF Carob birthday cake for lunch. That soup tasted sooo good!!

I was fixing my girls' hair this morning when a former neighbor msg'd me about her sewing machine, so I went to see her. I have no idea what was going on with her machine but I checked the bobbin tension, and it works now. LOL! We enjoyed a good visit, and she loved playing with my girls -- I've not seen her in about 2 years.

I need to put more clothes into wash, a never-ending story here, then I may knit awhile though I feel so sleepy I hope I don't doze off, though I've nothing to do until Ds13 gets home in an hour.

Jackie inspired me, so I think we'll have meatballs for dinner with rice or quinoa, and either cooked cabbage or a raw cabbage/lettuce salad.

Today I'm thankful for the sunshine, because even if its cold outside, at least the skies "are not cloudy all day..." ;)

=) Gayle
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hello all -
Been under the weather again - just now checking in again. Hey Val - congratulations to your daughter on her job. I hope she loves it. Welcome to the finish line.

Life around here has been boring - sleep and more sleep. Starting to get up and move around again. Still packing Christmas - it is all down just needs to be packed up and carried downstairs. Other than that - just saying out of the cold and I do mean cold.

We did get hubs his Iphone. He insists it is our phone - but since I don't use it I don't understand that - but I guess it makes him feel better. So some of you folks who use all of these wonderful money saving apps that give you coupons and tell you where the best sales are and give you point are going to have to help me, Might as well get something out of it for me.

The only program I have heard of is Ibotta. Should I check it out? Any others?

Clem - sorry things are rough with COD. I will say that in my experience, when men face a life threatening illness, it changes their personality. Much more so than the woman who experience similar diagnoses. Hubs was really, really crabby when he was in treatment and/or when he is in pain. But over time he is getting back to his old happy self.

Dinner tonight is tacos! I love tacos.

Have a great rest of the day frugals.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hey Gayle, did you get my email ?

Blah day here. I personally spent no money, my purse remains locked shut, but DH gave me £32 to pay the vet. I had taken the doggy as he has had a sore paw that was beginning to look red and inflamed...........the vet greeted me with the fact that he'd gained weight, he still has big bald patches on his flanks and she thinks he has Cushings disease.

Didn't know quite what to say, we brought him to the same vet practice when we got him in the summer to make sure the hair loss wasn't a symptom of something else and were told he was fine, give him fish oil capsules. Poor thing. I hope shes wrong and once we sort out this poorly paw we'll get him a blood test. I did see on his record that he was tested in 2011 when he first started losing his hair.

I keep getting recurring eye infections which are annoying me, I do feel run down throughout though.

Since Monday I have filled 2 big black bin bags of shredded paperwork, a bag of rubbish and a bag of things for the charity shop, that was dropped off today. Just had it re paperwork.............in todays post was some more DS Paperwork. It looked official and has turned out to be a benefit letter, the one he gets every few years asking If He Is Still Handicapped ??? Would be GREAT if you could respond by saying " Yep, he still is" but NO and I see the questions have changed............. Can he lift a litre carton of juice ? Well.........Yes, but he's still severely handicapped so what has that to do with anything ???? He might chose to open it and have a drink, he might just hurl it at a wall ???

So a few hours there tomorrow, remembering to fill in all details of any and all doctors and consultants, day care, respite carers and the social worker who thought Her Work Here Was Done in the meetings held last week. She'll be pleased. Good times. I won't drag it out and analyse I'll just fill it in and post it.

The craft room keeps getting more manageable. Things filed in more specific ways ( which will make it easier filling out those forms ) Things I have been keeping for no real reason have GONE. Its hard to let go of paperwork.

I did put all my qualifications and courses taken in another file ready for job interviews. Really want to turn back time and work in the place I left when problems with DS made me ill and I had to give up work. Cried as I went through things from there.

The dog had me up twice last night hence the fragility today I think.

Pasta with a homemade sauce for dinner. A very Use it Up meal. The dog is zonko and I am tempted to go to bed too. Tomorrow is a busy day helping with DGKs which will be nice.

Val, congrats to your DD. Clem I agree with ColonialGirl, my DH was very tetchy over his heart attack recovery and the operation and the changes he has had to make ...............all the best and hope life gets better for you as you make decisions either way.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Just got home from walking Rusty.

It really helps him sleep through the night. It is so nice out here. Sun is shining, even worked up a little "glow".

But the little sleep I got last night is getting to me. I wanted to come home and just go to bed, but I hadn't done any chores. No vacuuming, no mopping, no litter boxes. Yes, I love to run around town, but I just have to come home to WORK!

I went to the grocery store with my sister, so that delayed my cleaning. I'm almost done and I will call it a day. I like to be done with things by 4 PM. Might not make it.

Hope I win the power ball tonight!! I have purchased four tickets!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

rinty wrote:It looked official and has turned out to be a benefit letter, the one he gets every few years asking If He Is Still Handicapped ???
Rinty, I had to fill out an official document every year for my mother that was similar. Considering her diagnosis was severe Alzheimer's, it was especially silly to be answering questions about when she might return to work. The government is an idiot at times.

Sorry to hear that your dog is ill. Poor fellow! My son adopted a kitten a year ago and it turned out she has a chronic life-long illness, which the pet placement center somehow forgot to disclose. I only figured it out by reading her medical records after we took her to the vet the first time she got sick on us. She cost us a blasted fortune last year, but responded to treatment and is doing much better now.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote:
rinty wrote:It looked official and has turned out to be a benefit letter, the one he gets every few years asking If He Is Still Handicapped ???
Rinty, I had to fill out an official document every year for my mother that was similar. Considering her diagnosis was severe Alzheimer's, it was especially silly to be answering questions about when she might return to work. The government is an idiot at times.

Sorry to hear that your dog is ill. Poor fellow! My son adopted a kitten a year ago and it turned out she has a chronic life-long illness, which the pet placement center somehow forgot to disclose. I only figured it out by reading her medical records after we took her to the vet the first time she got sick on us. She cost us a blasted fortune last year, but responded to treatment and is doing much better now.
We have to do the same for my mom.