Daily Check in - 23 September 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in - 23 September 2020

Post by MackerelCat »

I think I got my fitness workout today putting together a big Suncast bus boy cart we will be using to deliver student meals. It's much more maneuverable than the elevator size moving cart we were using. Facilities was supposed to put it together, but that could take months, so I brought tools and did it in about an hour. My arms are going to be sore tomorrow.

Having done that and updated my spreadsheets for the morning, I am having my coffee break a little late this morning.

My Lily Dog was sick the last couple of days and would not eat. She threw up hugely yesterday afternoon and then ate a little Greek yogurt and baby food for supper. She was ravenously hungry this morning, so whatever was ailing her is over. I need to go back to keeping ham baby food on hand all the time so there won't be mad dashes to the store. It really is like magic for her.

Back to work. I hope Gayle, Patty and Little Miss are all feeling better today.
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning. I will be doing some sewing today with my 12 year old granddaughter. I am teaching her how to use my sewing machine. We set it up out on my screened in porch and both wear masks. She knows how to sew by hand. We will choose a simple project.
Dh and I took the kayaks out yesterday...a beautiful day. I did have to wear my wetsuit bottoms. I guess we will be hanging the boats up for the season soon.
Sending hugs to Patty.
Logics....about that fitness day...and eating better....I guess I shouldn't have eaten that mini milky way this morning!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Slept in this morning to about 6:30 AM Feels good to be able to sleep longer. It helps with the night sky being darker due to a crescent moon. Also sleeping with the bedroom window open makes it nicer to snuggle down in the blankets makes me sleepier.

Today I will be bush whacking again in the rock garden, twice daily. It is a disaster with the monster rose bush entangle with wild grape vines and weeds of all kinds. The rose bush was a rogue knockout bush that I had years ago and it keeps coming back and now out of control. Getting really dangerous with the thicker lower limbs and bigger thorns. Despite wearing leather gloves some of them still penetrate the gloves so need to find something thicker to wear inside the gloves as well.

Lunch will be leftover salmon and spinach.

Dinner will be baked cauliflower and onions baked with olive oil, salt, and pepper with chicken sausage made with and garlic and asiago cheese.

My aide brought me a half dozen homemade peanut butter cookies. Not gluten free but I will eat them and enjoy them anyway.

Keeping all in need in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have washed my hair, have the bottom sheet on the bed. I have dresses in the dryer. My sheets are in the washer.

I made 2 Gnome Masks, I think they came out cute. I still have scraps left so if I wanted to I could make more.

I currently have 10 masks including the Gnomes.

For some reason the tension in my sewing machine was suddenly off. The bobbin tension was far too tight. I spent a few minutes adjusting it and think it is Ok now.

I have one more mask to finish and my tote bag to do. I have decided on a lining of red fabric rather than the white I originally thought I would use. I do have to cut it out.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I have been up and trying to get stuff done.
First thing this morning the renter/friend called....she has a varmint in the back porch again....I swear she is going to make me wacko. She is very clean but does stupid (to me) things and then when she has a problem calls me. :roll:
I took a live trap down and some poison to put out in the carport/garage. But she has to walk me around the place and tell me what all she wants done/replaced ...stuff that while it would be nice is not necessary.

The fiancé gets so frustrated because I barely get any rent out of her and then she expects the Taj Mahal. It is an older, well kept mobile home and requires upkeep but her expectations are off the charts.
Rant over... :(

I have a vat of potato soup started for tonight's girls night...I also tried the trick of cooking a can of sweetened condensed milk into caramel....it turned out great! Will be served with apple slices and club crackers.
Talked to my worker....My job has been put off till next week :( trying not to be upset about it. It is
what it is. He was telling me this morning that he thinks since people were unable to take summer vacations this year they are putting that money into their homes....he is probably correct.

My dog has been eating like a small pony! Still will not touch his kibble but cleans up the chicken and rice I keep cooked and mixed for him, I have been adding in veggies.

I still need to unload the dishwasher and will make some iced tea for the gathering.
Life goes on here at Casa de Kitty
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I have also been eating like a small pony - :lol:

My Fauci Pouchy is out of control! :mrgreen: