Daily Check-in October 26, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in October 26, 2020

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I am having my coffee break. It's been quiet this morning. Got the spiffed-up thrift shop Mr Coffee set up on top of the mini fridge in the office. It's beginning to feel civilized in here. :-D

A rather restful weekend did me good and I think the iron and B12 supplements are starting to kick in. I did not cook at all, but may make chili and corn muffins tonight.

It's a cool and overcast day and the trees are starting to show color and drop some leaves. The AC is still on in our office, so I am wearing a turtleneck jersey and a sweater. The building next door has heat and this one won't until Nov. 1. It is a perpetual mystery.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.
Mackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

So far today I have got some vacuuming accomplished. I did the upstairs storey and the steps leading down until my Dyson battery died. Cleaned out the canister and have the vacuum recharging once again. I plan to head upstairs to dust our bedroom and straighten out the drawers. And clean the bedroom windows and mini vertical blind. That thing really collects dust!

I heard that a friend of mine has early onset of Alzheimer’s disease. She used to go to the same walking club I used to attend and was my usual partner. I don’t believe she is actually aware of it - as the news was relayed by her daughter. This really hit me to the core but does explain why it was becoming difficult to carry on a conversation. It makes my own health concerns pale in comparison.

Logics I am not fond of mincemeat- I find it’s very rich! The kind I have tasted is very fruity. But unlike Jackie I quite enjoy fruitcake, even though it’s extremely rich too.

My headphones won’t work on my iPad anymore yet work on my phone and laptop. It must be some glitch. Anyone else have this problem?

Have a wonderful day!
Creative
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good late morning all,

Okay I must be the weird one....I love mincemeat! :D I have at least 6 pints canned and ready for pies. I use chopped sirloin and lots of different fruits in mine...suet, spices and rum. I will probably make mini-pies or tarts for Thanksgiving as I don't think there are many others in the family that like it.
My parents were the ones that helped eat up the regular sized pies.

I slept so hard last night, ended up having weird dreams :?
I will be running the floor cleaner today, did not do it yesterday. I really wanted a slow day yesterday (for me) and so I took a slow day.

I dread putting the clocks back. I wish they would just leave things alone!

So today is floor cleaning, after i clean some ashes from the stove. I also will be distributing beans and then thawing ground beef for meatloaf balls to eat and freeze.

I doubt I get any leaf blowing done, it is cold and gloomy...however I have been known to change my mind :roll: might bundle up and do some this afternoon IF we do not get mist and rain.

Off to do something

JCKitty
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

I am truly ecstatic. I finally got Zoom to work on my tablet. YEA!!!!!!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

I just had to get back here and tell....I somehow got the spray function on my shark floor cleaner to work again!!!! :o

I was just telling Bev in yesterdays check in how it didn't work and how many things I had tried in order to fix it.
I seriously have no idea which of my so-called fixes is the one that finally worked. :? :lol:

i have 1 more floor to clean and then I "might" go out and blow leaves...I am not feeling very enthusiastic with the idea. :oops:

I am sure I will find something else to get into.

JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Kitty glad to hear you got your spray function to work on your mop. I got my earphones to work on my iPad simply by restarting it. I thought of doing that while taking my walk after lunch. I swear that always clears my head.

Dh and I will be heading out to our pharmacy soon to get our flu shots.

Creative.