Daily check in Jan 17, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily check in Jan 17, 2016

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's a cold morning and getting colder. They're saying possibility of flurries tonight and/or tomorrow but most likely a measurable snow sometime next week. Oh well, it is winter afterall.

Enjoying the pictures of the baby my sister has sent up. The baby is so cute. I only wish my sister would learn to take a picture without all the shadows. I've had to put them in my graphics program to lighten them up. I've attached a picture.

Well, after being home almost 9 months now, I've finally been able to get 2 of my rooms into a semi-presentable order. I have 2 more to go and then I will start paring down more stuff.

Well, I'm going to go for now. Wishing all of you a great day.
Last edited by LogicsHere on Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shelsmiles

Post by Shelsmiles »

Good morning. Absolutely frigid here. I can't seem to get warm and stay that way this morning.

We had a good time last night fo DH's birthday. Dinner and dancing. Rare occurrence. Like seeing an albino kangaroo hop through the living room. It was a good time for us both and we needed a night out.

Today it's back home and back to to grind. No school for kids tomorrow so we have extra help. If we are lucky our goat will kid while rhey are home to help. She seems to be ready at any time. Not sure if she will have twins or not, but it's likely.

Penny I hope you are able to be comfortable today. You've been on my mind a lot the last few days.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Oh, what a cute baby, Logics. He's so big! (After all these years, I still expect newborns to look like my baby, who was 21 inches long but weighed only 5 pounds, and thus looked like a skinny old man. :-D)

Penny, I hope all continues well with your recovery.

It's a cold, overcast morning here in Tennessee. I've been drinking coffee and enjoying the antics of our cats. They're all large kitties and we joke about having a pride of suburban lions. :)

The weather is not conducive to doing anything outdoors, so I think we'll be staying home by the fire, which is always frugal.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Penny, I'm glad that you had a comfortable night. Take it easy today.

I did not sleep that well last night because we had very stormy weather. The worst of the storm was south of me where a tornado killed two people in a mobile home and severely damaged some condos in a resort area. The rain has stopped here but it is still very windy.

On my way to mom's house today I will get gas ($1.75/gal.) and pick up a few things for mom at Publix. I bought a new flush handle for one of her toilets so will put that on and do some more cleaning/decluttering at her house.

I received some paperwork for my uncle yesterday so will call the nursing home tomorrow to go over what if anything I need to do. I am so thankful for Medicaid for him.

Have a good day and stay warm.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote:Good morning all.

Penny, I'm glad that you had a comfortable night. Take it easy today.

I did not sleep that well last night because we had very stormy weather. The worst of the storm was south of me where a tornado killed two people in a mobile home and severely damaged some condos in a resort area. The rain has stopped here but it is still very windy.

On my way to mom's house today I will get gas ($1.75/gal.) and pick up a few things for mom at Publix. I bought a new flush handle for one of her toilets so will put that on and do some more cleaning/decluttering at her house.

I received some paperwork for my uncle yesterday so will call the nursing home tomorrow to go over what if anything I need to do. I am so thankful for Medicaid for him.

Have a good day and stay warm.
Just saw that on the news. How scary. It was very windy here yesterday, but it is over. Nice and calm today.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Good morning, short on sleep here as DH used the oven timer and did not turn it off properly so it sounded at 2am. I got 3-4 hours sleep max. I took the large master bed quilt to the laundromat this morning and brought it home to dry, $5 well spent. My dryer can handle a large load but not the washer. I'll spend the rest of the day fiddling around the house. May go to the garden and see if parsley is still usable.

We have very cold weather on the way, so stay warm.