When is the best time to buy a new laptop?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: When is the best time to buy a new laptop?

Post by mbrudnic »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:11 pm I don't like it - it's new, lol.
LOL, it's not a big deal. It's cheaper and generally reliable. It is like using Zoom or skype without the video.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:43 amthe mid-80's, my college course included history of computers and programming in Pascal language. (When I graduated they were changing it to Word Processing, spreadsheets & presentations.) I had a talent for the programming and did find it interesting. So I took another and the another before changing to a major of Information Systems in the College of Business. So it was part luck, part hard work. And it has offered me a very good living.
I took Pascal :) and FORTRAN, Cobol, RPGII, Basic... there was another one but the name escapes me.

My RPGII professor was a concert pianist who was just teaching for the $. Fun guy.

All that and 35 years later I'm nearly useless with a computer. Never programmed, outside of a little machine-specific JCL, after my first year working.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:11 pm I don't like it - it's new, lol.
LOL.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:14 pm I took Pascal :) and FORTRAN, Cobol, RPGII, Basic... there was another one but the name escapes me.

My RPGII professor was a concert pianist who was just teaching for the $. Fun guy.

All that and 35 years later I'm nearly useless with a computer. Never programmed, outside of a little machine-specific JCL, after my first year working.
I could code ok but I was terrible at testing my own code. I do better in Administration and operations.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:37 pm I could code ok but I was terrible at testing my own code. I do better in Administration and operations.
Turns out I did better with automotive components and, later, spec'ing industrial equipment. Definitely my dad's kid, LOL - I'm told he was surprised I turned out to have his inclinations, apparently he thought being technically inclined required different chromosomes ;)