Daily Check in March 29, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check in March 29, 2021

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Mrscreative wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:10 pm Update - my new bread maker works wonderfully. Both Dh and I agree that the bread taste s even better than what my old machine made. I used Jackie’s whole wheat recipe that doesn’t call for wheat gluten and it turned out just fine. I still intend to get the gluten and then can try to use some recipes included in the instruction book.

As far as your own bags - here you are allowed to bring your own, but if you do you’re also responsible for packing your own groceries. The conveyor belt is then thoroughly sanitized where you put your bags. In a way, it’s discouraged. It’s been a very long time since I was last physically in a store, but w e had some weeks with no cases. During that time I did return to in-store shopping just for some sense of normalcy.

Creative
Right after COVID shut down much of my state, reusable bag usage was strongly discouraged for the first few weeks, but then we were allowed to use them in the exact same way as you described above. I did occasionally pack my own groceries, or had whichever boy shopping with me do it, but I eventually fell out of the habit of bringing my bags with me.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:53 am Gayle, I found out this morning that the local knitting group is not yet meeting because of Covid and the store does not want to take these pattern books. So ... if you would like them I’ll mail the best of them to you. A number of the pattern books are for baby and children’s clothes. I already have your address from when you were going through the cancer. It won’t be right away that I’ll mail them, maybe next week. I think my private message box is full or close to full so just let me know on here that you really do want them. ❤️
Oh wow! YES, FCL, I would love to get your knitting pattern books! What an amazing blessing you are!

I feel bad for your local knitting group not being able to meet, due to Covid, too!

I am grateful that my local knitting/spinning group Has Been able to meet, either physically or on Zoom. When we meet in-person, we do spread out a as much as we can, and we also mask up, with us trying to talk little. I'm looking forward to warmer weather, so we can sit outside mask-free.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:15 am Clem,
I have recently started seeing 409 spray at my local Dollar Tree store. Do you have one near you where you could check for it?
We have Family Dollar and Dollar General and a regular grocery store. Went to all 3 yesterday and nothing.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:27 am Have you ever tried making your own seed tape, for carrot or onion seeds?

I think I saw a how-to video tutorial from our own Erin (or some other frugal gardening person) using single ply toilet paper, tweezers, and Elmer's glue--I made exactly 2 squares-worth before I got distracted and put the project away.
That sounds like a good idea! Will have to try it. Might go ahead and plant some butter lettuce
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:40 am Oh wow! YES, FCL, I would love to get your knitting pattern books! What an amazing blessing you are!

I feel bad for your local knitting group not being able to meet, due to Covid, too!

I am grateful that my local knitting/spinning group Has Been able to meet, either physically or on Zoom. When we meet in-person, we do spread out a as much as we can, and we also mask up, with us trying to talk little. I'm looking forward to warmer weather, so we can sit outside mask-free.
OK great. Anything that you can’t use, pass onto the other ladies in your group. I’ll probably send them next week in a medium flat rate box but I’ll let you know. I’m happy to give them to you, Gayle! (I’m kind of surprised that the local knitting group is not meeting because most things here are open and they could meet outside. The lady I spoke to was not very friendly ☹️.)
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:43 pm OK great. Anything that you can’t use, pass onto the other ladies in your group. I’ll probably send them next week in a medium flat rate box but I’ll let you know. I’m happy to give them to you, Gayle! (I’m kind of surprised that the local knitting group is not meeting because most things here are open and they could meet outside. The lady I spoke to was not very friendly ☹️.)
That sounds like a wonderful plan.

Plus, if your package has arrived by the 3rd Saturday in April, I will definitely share with my knitting group ladies--I'm hosting that day.

It is too bad that lady wasn't more friendly, but perhaps she was scared. :(