Daily Check In April 13, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In April 13, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:17 am
Good morning beautiful people,

The big excitement around our house is that I finally got a haircut with about five inches trimmed off! By Dd2 who had watched some YouTube videos. I tell you, you can learn anything there! She did a great job, now only need to colour it once again.

I have a “salad “ marinating in the fridge using the ingredients we have on hand - some frozen peas, two diced tomatoes, a small amount of green onions and some sun dried tomatoes for a burst of flavour with some Panera bread Greek salad dressing. We shall see how it turns out. My Walmart pickup order is tomorrow and I plan to update it shortly.

I will be ending my Prime membership today. I subscribed for one month and had one month of free membership. I enjoyed the movies and two day shipping for the past two months, but it’s clearly something I can live without as we have Shaw cable tv and actually a lot of viewing options there.

Today I will do some ironing and have the main bathroom to clean. The bathroom is the focus of Diane in Denmark’s cleaning this week.

Does anyone here have the combined vacuum/floor washing robot. If so, which brand? It’s seriously something I am thinking about as I really detest washing floors. The fact I still do it on my hands and knees probably doesn’t help.

Still raining here! I feel like we’re going to get washed away. Looks like the kids won’t be returning to school in person after all, as Doug Ford declared only remote learning across the whole province with the escalating rates.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Off to listen to my Masterclass.

Creative
Creative, I have been looking for your Masterclass as they sound so interesting. I can't find them so if you could share a link it would be greatly appreciated.

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

sad news from my step sister yesterday, her late 40's son has died.

I don't have any details, she is heart broken.

My father and her mother married after all of "the kids" were grown. we only met once, when she came out for my father funeral 36 years ago, but we have been friends < after that, for years.

I wish that I could be there for her, she lives several states away, she has lots of family, she is not along, but I wish that I could help her.

IC

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I woke up once during the night, but woke up too early. 5:45 am I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn’t.

There is a front coming through this morning so I have no energy, I have brain fog too.

My garbage is gathered and out.

Penny

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

ICFrugal, I am so sorry to hear about your step-nephew. How awful for his mom.

Penny, I am sorry the weather has you feeling under the weather.

On a minor note, the vegan chik'n fajita burrito turned out to be quite tasty. It's made by a company called Alpha. There was a lot of burrito wrap and next time I may peel about half of that off, but the filling is very good and tasted very much like spicy finely ground chicken.
Mackie

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good day all

Well I am still moping around. The COD spent all day working on the water line and nada. He fixed it this morning but then i noticed another connection had a very small drip. Do all of them end up like this

He won't let anyone else work on it or help him - cuz he says they never do it right - ok whatever

But it would be nice to be able to use the bathroom - :mrgreen:

OMG - i'm beat.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, it's probably because the ground froze and thawed so dramatically. Something like that will have a person chasing leaks for a while. Fix one, find another.
Mackie