Daily check in Wednesday April 14, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ownedbydogs

Daily check in Wednesday April 14, 2021

Post by ownedbydogs »

Just to start off this morning. Had to help dd get ready for her dr appointment early or think I would have gone back to bed. Son in law will be here at 8 to take her. Then I have a dr appointment at 1 pm. Still having stomach issues. Everyone have a great day.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check in Wednesday April 14, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

ownedbydogs wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:44 am Just to start off this morning. Had to help dd get ready for her dr appointment early or think I would have gone back to bed. Son in law will be here at 8 to take her. Then I have a dr appointment at 1 pm. Still having stomach issues. Everyone have a great day.
Good morning owned. Hope they find a way to make your tummy problems better soon.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. It is a chilly 46 F and only going to warm up to around 61 F. I will take this any day over what our Canadian friends are dealing with.

Another day at the garage today. Taking my car in for routine service and a 65,000 mile check up. It is a 2010 Mercury Milan but I do not get out and go much. Next week wheel alignment. I want to make sure everything is in good working order for the wedding trip next month. Looking forward to the trip to Tennessee for the wedding. My niece from Arizona will be flying here and then we will drive to the wedding in TN. While waiting for my car my aide and I will do some shopping at Big Lots and Dollar Tree. Not much else planned for today.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Owned sorry to hear about your stomach issues. I hope you feel better later.

Today our greatest excitement is our Walmart pickup order. We will have food again! Well preferred food as there’s still lots in the house. And it’s garbage and recycling day. We put all our paper recycling into Amazon boxes to save a blue, plastic recycling bag. It’s been working great as the recycling folks pick it up with no problem. We leave the box open so the contents are easily visible. Any sensitive materials have been shredded.

Yesterday according to Clean Mama was dusting day so I will get caught up with that. We had a lot going on and all I really managed to do was to get meals from home on the table and cleaning up afterwards. Today is supposed to be vacuuming day.

Patti I sure hope you are feeling better as you’re not one to complain at all!

Dh is excited about his vaccine tomorrow. I printed out his scan code and written email confirmation as he’s still uncomfortable about using the iPhone. Dd2 and I have given him several lessons but he still is not able to navigate his way around. And he accidentally pushes some wrong buttons all the time and doesn’t know how to get back to my email, etc. He knows and has memorized my webmail passcode but when he accidentally got out of the site, he went to Google and became flustered when nothing showed up for the email. He thought I made a mistake with my password, 😂! And he’s very sensitive about being cell phone illiterate and probably wouldn’t ask the staff for assistance should he run into difficulty. He will bring along my cell phone as a backup and I will have my email confirmation of his appointment open so all he has to do is put in my phone password. Hopefully they have free wifi available at the site otherwise I may end up paying for data. I am not allowed to go inside with him. As another backup I saved his scan code and email confirmation on photos. My appointment is two weeks later as I am in a different age category. You can just call to book the appointment, but it’s not nearly as efficient as booking online. Some people in their 80’s still haven’t gotten through by phone. If you book online, you have to say you booked it unless deemed medically incompetent. So I indicated he made the appointment. He tends to get flustered easily when he feels he’s not in control of the situation. For the life of me, I cannot understand why he can’t learn to use a cell phone as he’s an intelligent man. He says it’s because he doesn’t use it often enough but the truth is he has no interest. It’s the same with paying bills. He would probably just end up writing cheques.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ownedbydogs wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:44 am Just to start off this morning. Had to help dd get ready for her dr appointment early or think I would have gone back to bed. Son in law will be here at 8 to take her. Then I have a dr appointment at 1 pm. Still having stomach issues. Everyone have a great day.
Hope your DD feels better very soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:11 am Good morning beautiful people,

Owned sorry to hear about your stomach issues. I hope you feel better later.

Today our greatest excitement is our Walmart pickup order. We will have food again! Well preferred food as there’s still lots in the house. And it’s garbage and recycling day. We put all our paper recycling into Amazon boxes to save a blue, plastic recycling bag. It’s been working great as the recycling folks pick it up with no problem. We leave the box open so the contents are easily visible. Any sensitive materials have been shredded.

Yesterday according to Clean Mama was dusting day so I will get caught up with that. We had a lot going on and all I really managed to do was to get meals from home on the table and cleaning up afterwards. Today is supposed to be vacuuming day.

Patti I sure hope you are feeling better as you’re not one to complain at all!

Dh is excited about his vaccine tomorrow. I printed out his scan code and written email confirmation as he’s still uncomfortable about using the iPhone. Dd2 and I have given him several lessons but he still is not able to navigate his way around. And he accidentally pushes some wrong buttons all the time and doesn’t know how to get back to my email, etc. He knows and has memorized my webmail passcode but when he accidentally got out of the site, he went to Google and became flustered when nothing showed up for the email. He thought I made a mistake with my password, 😂! And he’s very sensitive about being cell phone illiterate and probably wouldn’t ask the staff for assistance should he run into difficulty. He will bring along my cell phone as a backup and I will have my email confirmation of his appointment open so all he has to do is put in my phone password. Hopefully they have free wifi available at the site otherwise I may end up paying for data. I am not allowed to go inside with him. As another backup I saved his scan code and email confirmation on photos. My appointment is two weeks later as I am in a different age category. You can just call to book the appointment, but it’s not nearly as efficient as booking online. Some people in their 80’s still haven’t gotten through by phone. If you book online, you have to say you booked it unless deemed medically incompetent. So I indicated he made the appointment. He tends to get flustered easily when he feels he’s not in control of the situation. For the life of me, I cannot understand why he can’t learn to use a cell phone as he’s an intelligent man. He says it’s because he doesn’t use it often enough but the truth is he has no interest. It’s the same with paying bills. He would probably just end up writing cheques.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
I had a question about the vaccine rollout here that was not answered online so I did the phone thing to get an answer. Well the call went through but it turned out I was caller 262 and the wait would be a long one. Any how to make a long story short I could push a number leave my phone number and they would get back to me when my number came up. All this without losing my place in line. I was quite impressed when about 1 1/2 hours later I received a call back.

Mind you my province is not as populated as yours so that probably makes a big difference in service.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/