Daily Check in April 15, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in April 15, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Slept okay last night. Thankfully no weird dreams. I'm up and dressed since the schwan's order will be here today and they get here before noon.

It is overcast and cool. Minor cold front coming through. Might even get rain. We shall see.

Thinking about what I will have for lunch

Have a great day
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Good morning everybody! Hope everyone is doing well! I checked in about a week ago and wrote a long post and lost it all, but was too busy to come back and redo it all! Well, the past ten days or so we have been under quarantine once again as my son was exposed to another student with positive Covid :shock: ! They just went back to school like the week or so before. He is on a hybrid schedule two days zoom and two days in school and alternating like that. He was not in school for in-class learning but he was at the school on Sat. for Covid testing so he could go to tryouts on that coming Monday. Well, he was negative, but apparently a kid he was with tested positive and so they yanked them out of school as they waited to go to tryouts! So he was exposed even though he came back negative. So we have the county health and school district monitoring us and they said they would call every few days-so far they only called during the initial findings! He is a sophomore rn and btw he did make varsity basketball.

Luckily, my son had one dosage of the vaccine already on board about a week prior so it must have offered enough protection for him as he did not have any symptoms yet! He got another testing done yesterday and he will be back in school on Friday which I am wary and debating if I should send him or not since there have been breakthrough illness esp I think with the Pfizer one which he got. He will get his second dose next week. I am glad our county is on top of things with this vaccination thing going on-other counties seem much slower.

My now 16 yo son's business is taking off rn. He is making as much as an adult working now averaging 4-5k per month and he just started that particular business! We are hoping his collaboration with an upcoming young rapper is going to be a bigger drop as he has millions of followers. My son designed his merchandise wear. My son has 50k followers on one site and 32k on another. Yesterday we spent all night past midnight (my usual bedtime is 10:30!) packing all his shipments to be delivered to the post office. Then we were left with one tee-omg so today I have to go through everything to find out where that extra tee came from and whose order did we mess up! :shock: So have to go through everything again!

He was complaining of having to pay taxes lol-I told him, welcome to the adult world. I told him well, you are at least making a profit, so taxes are taking a percentage of those profits to provide govt services, infrastructure, social security, etc. My other son was complaining that he paid like a middle-income salary of someones in the amount of taxes he paid! And lol they were so hurried to grow up and to become adults-told them only grown-up bills waiting for you. At least now, you are under mom's roof and she pays your bills for the most part. Well, my teen son barely asks me as he likes to pay for things himself. He started the business in order to buy a used car which he has successfully got that in two months, but then he changed his mind as he is driving MY car and figures he would save his money and reinvest it into his business or he likes to "stack"(save) his money! He says he hates to spend it. I think when money accumulates they hate to spend it bc I am like that myself.

Housing prices are hitting all-time highs out here and houses are only on the market for 1-3 days usually. Even the million-dollar properties! It is ridiculous. Like my house is at its highest, but even if I sell it, the other houses are outpacing my price as they hit the stratosphere so they are like double my price and I do not want another mortgage payment! There was one house that I really liked and it was a new build that overlooked a little man-made lake that had trails around it and even a basketball court nearby-oh I really liked that one. I would be on a waiting list that exceeds all the 6 phases left they have to build on all the houses, not just that one model! Sigh-so forget it, I am never going to get it at that rate. On the first house which was a model home and around a lake too and I was top of the waiting list and they said they needed the house to sell the other phases upcoming. I never had a call for that house to tell me it was up and my turn only a call for the other model home there which I said I wanted to wait for that model one I really wanted so Idk what happened but they must have kicked me off the list altogether and I find out later when I asked! Sheesh! And people are buying with CASH in hand! Like it is crazy! Maybe God is telling me to stay put!

Anyway, great to touch base with y'all and read all your posts of what is going on with you all! Many blessings to all of you and have a wonderful week and weekend! Love you all!
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

We’ll be leaving soon for Dh to get his vaccine. I think he should be able to access the code from my photos. He still messes up when trying to access the email by inadvertently pressing a wrong button, going to another website, etc. As a backup, I printed the code and confirmation letter. I will just wait in the car as I’m not allowed inside anyway and they don’t want anyone lining up until the last minute. It’s not too cold so I will just take a book along with me. He wants me there for moral support so I don’t mind.

This morning I did my 35 minute weight loss walking program on the treadmill and followed up with running one mile. After that my sit-ups and light weights. It took about an hour and a half so a good chunk of the morning. Then I decided to colour my hair, had a shower and then time to prepare lunch. I think I will go for my blood work next Tuesday so have been really trying to eat healthily and exercise lots to get my best results. I sure hope my sodium levels are normal or near normal. So weird that mine have been perpetually low. That usually happens with elderly, inactive people or marathon runners who push themselves to the limit. I am neither of those.

I listened to two of the speakers of the Masterclass I am taking and have one more to go. I cleaned out the medicine cabinet and organized the drawers in the main bathroom. Since the lockdown I have been using up the motel soap and little bottles of shampoos and conditioner. Cosmetics also have a shelf life and no point in them going to waste as it may be a long time before I visit a relative or friend overnight in their home where I would need that stuff. And it clears some clutter out of the way making it easier to clean. I also bought some clear acrylic bathroom organizers which makes it much easier too.

Have a wonderful rest of the day everyone!
Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

frugalmom wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:27 pm Good morning everybody! Hope everyone is doing well! I checked in about a week ago and wrote a long post and lost it all, but was too busy to come back and redo it all! Well, the past ten days or so we have been under quarantine once again as my son was exposed to another student with positive Covid :shock: ! They just went back to school like the week or so before. He is on a hybrid schedule two days zoom and two days in school and alternating like that. He was not in school for in-class learning but he was at the school on Sat. for Covid testing so he could go to tryouts on that coming Monday. Well, he was negative, but apparently a kid he was with tested positive and so they yanked them out of school as they waited to go to tryouts! So he was exposed even though he came back negative. So we have the county health and school district monitoring us and they said they would call every few days-so far they only called during the initial findings! He is a sophomore rn and btw he did make varsity basketball.

Luckily, my son had one dosage of the vaccine already on board about a week prior so it must have offered enough protection for him as he did not have any symptoms yet! He got another testing done yesterday and he will be back in school on Friday which I am wary and debating if I should send him or not since there have been breakthrough illness esp I think with the Pfizer one which he got. He will get his second dose next week. I am glad our county is on top of things with this vaccination thing going on-other counties seem much slower.

My now 16 yo son's business is taking off rn. He is making as much as an adult working now averaging 4-5k per month and he just started that particular business! We are hoping his collaboration with an upcoming young rapper is going to be a bigger drop as he has millions of followers. My son designed his merchandise wear. My son has 50k followers on one site and 32k on another. Yesterday we spent all night past midnight (my usual bedtime is 10:30!) packing all his shipments to be delivered to the post office. Then we were left with one tee-omg so today I have to go through everything to find out where that extra tee came from and whose order did we mess up! :shock: So have to go through everything again!

He was complaining of having to pay taxes lol-I told him, welcome to the adult world. I told him well, you are at least making a profit, so taxes are taking a percentage of those profits to provide govt services, infrastructure, social security, etc. My other son was complaining that he paid like a middle-income salary of someones in the amount of taxes he paid! And lol they were so hurried to grow up and to become adults-told them only grown-up bills waiting for you. At least now, you are under mom's roof and she pays your bills for the most part. Well, my teen son barely asks me as he likes to pay for things himself. He started the business in order to buy a used car which he has successfully got that in two months, but then he changed his mind as he is driving MY car and figures he would save his money and reinvest it into his business or he likes to "stack"(save) his money! He says he hates to spend it. I think when money accumulates they hate to spend it bc I am like that myself.

Housing prices are hitting all-time highs out here and houses are only on the market for 1-3 days usually. Even the million-dollar properties! It is ridiculous. Like my house is at its highest, but even if I sell it, the other houses are outpacing my price as they hit the stratosphere so they are like double my price and I do not want another mortgage payment! There was one house that I really liked and it was a new build that overlooked a little man-made lake that had trails around it and even a basketball court nearby-oh I really liked that one. I would be on a waiting list that exceeds all the 6 phases left they have to build on all the houses, not just that one model! Sigh-so forget it, I am never going to get it at that rate. On the first house which was a model home and around a lake too and I was top of the waiting list and they said they needed the house to sell the other phases upcoming. I never had a call for that house to tell me it was up and my turn only a call for the other model home there which I said I wanted to wait for that model one I really wanted so Idk what happened but they must have kicked me off the list altogether and I find out later when I asked! Sheesh! And people are buying with CASH in hand! Like it is crazy! Maybe God is telling me to stay put!

Anyway, great to touch base with y'all and read all your posts of what is going on with you all! Many blessings to all of you and have a wonderful week and weekend! Love you all!
Nice to hear from you again. Congrats to your son! You have raised him well.

Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

OMG - Just watched my favorite Monk episode

Sharona comes back to San Francisco after five years. He uncle passed away and they are looking into it

Well in the end - should I tell the ending?

True love works out :mrgreen:
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Wow EllenMarie - your son is such a good businessman!!!