Daily Check in May 25, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check in May 25, 2021

Post by icfrugal1 »

icfrugal1 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:50 pm
the other day, I wasn't moving, waiting for a light to change, and a car "side swiped" me GGGGRRRR I did safely follow them, but I lost them.

Luckily, it's just a paint exchange and a crease in the SUV.

I was afraid that the back hatch was hit, I need that for DH's walker.

So, my 2014 SUV will be ok, I'm not going to fix it..

In DH's family news, MIL slipped off of the bed the other night, (middle of the night, MIL sat on the bed and slipped off) they had to call 911 for a lift assist. MIL was screaming that both of her legs and her hip was broken (not) MIl insisted on going to the hospital, she was back in a couple of hours . no rest for SIL

So SIL has been with MIL 24/7 for over 3 years, MIL gets worse by the day.MIL in a home or some help, to get help 3 days a week it would take all of MIL's monthly income, so the two brothers that live there would have to pay all of the house bills.

The BIL, who has lived there for over 20 years and only pays $200 a month, (Other BIL and his girl friend pay $1200 a month) thinks that if they do hire someone, then SIL should start paying rent !!! WHAT !!!????? Good grief !!!

IC

o
Just to add to the fun, MIL has been on hospice for 7 months, part of hospice is suppose to be 5 days of respice (SP) for the care giver.

SIL is trying , (since MIL has had her shot) to reach the social worker to arrange for it.

Turns out that the hospice nurse told SW to NOT give SIL the resice care !!! WHAT ????

I hope that SIL reports the nurse.

SIL would like the bottom side rails for MIL's hospital bed, but may have trouble getting them, GGGRRR they need a Dr order because you are not allowed to restrain people.

SIL is worked about MIL getting hurt. SIL is doing a great job., but it's
24/7/365

IC
Last edited by icfrugal1 on Tue May 25, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

DD2 and I just got back from the vet's office. We had to let my dads dog go "over the rainbow bridge".
We had to say our good-bys in the car as we were not allowed in.

He had strokes last night and a really bad one this AM, DD let me know and we had to make the decision. It was the right thing to do. He was at least 15 years old, rescued and was my dads buddy.
I am having him cremated and will spread some of his ashes at the cemetery. I know it is what my dad would have wanted.
It's hard but the right thing to do.

JCKitty

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

jckitty wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:28 pm
Update:

DD2 and I just got back from the vet's office. We had to let my dads dog go "over the rainbow bridge".

He had strokes last night and a really bad one this AM, DD let me know and we had to make the decision. It was the right thing to do. He was at least 15 years old, rescued and was my dads buddy.
I am having him cremated and will spread some of his ashes at the cemetery. I know it is what my dad would have wanted.

JCKitty
You did the right thing. (((Hugs))) It is so hard.

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

jckitty wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:28 pm
Update:

JCKitty
I'm so sorry, tears, happy that your dad and his doggie will be reunited.

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:21 pm
Hello friends,

I hope that you have been enjoying May.

Today is the 3rd-to-last day of school for my children. I'm Subbing at our local high school, and boy are these kids teeming with excitement. And om my, I am Freezing! They've just cranked up the AC, because it's going to be 75 degrees here today, and my hands are turning purple. Good thing I wore my jacket today.

Two weeks ago, Gov. Cox of Utah decreed that no masks were to be worn on the last week of school--sure IS NICE not to wear one! We can finally see these kids faces!

My oldest son is graduating from school on Friday May 28th, which is the exact same day that I graduated from HS, and some part of me is sad, while also am happy for him. HIs immediate post-graduation plans are to work until he leaves on a church mission.

My girls are doing softball tournaments this week, which means going to the next town every day this week until Thursday night.

I'm at 8 weeks since I broke the bone in my foot. I still wear the boot sometimes, and when I down wear it, my foot hurts horribly. I have a Dr appt on Thursday morning to get my foot checked out. I plan to insist on an X-ray to see if foot is healing normally.

Ordinarily, I would have planted a garden by now, veg garden, but Dh has dumped 4 dump-truck loads of topsoil on my garden spot so now there's 2-4 feet high mounds of dirt everywhere. Maybe I'll just have flowers in the front yard this year.

Other news of me: I have continued to faint/pass out in the same manner, as what caused me to pass-out in my bathroom, fall & break my foot. I'm getting in a few more Dr. appts for this (example: echocardiogram on 5/28), and maybe answers will be found. If not, I guess I'll try to do the same things I've been doing last few weeks.

Time for next class now. May you all have a lovely Tuesday!
Praying for you,

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal1 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:04 pm
Just to add to the fun, MIL has been on hospice for 7 months, part of hospice is suppose to be 5 days of respice (SP) for the care giver.

SIL is trying , (since MIL has had her shot) to reach the social worker to arrange for it.

Turns out that the hospice nurse told SW to NOT give SIL the resice care !!! WHAT ????

I hope that SIL reports the nurse.

SIL would like the bottom side rails for MIL's hospital bed, but may have trouble getting them, GGGRRR they need a Dr order because you are not allowed to restrain people.

SIL is worked about MIL getting hurt. SIL is doing a great job., but it's
24/7/365

IC
OMG - Your poor SIL! It is a big responsibility. Our local nursing home used to offer weekend respite care. Not sure if a person on hospice had to get "permission".