Five Frugal Things You Did This Week

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Re: Five Frugal Things You Did This Week

Post by Dgflorida »

I am trying kiddie pools. So far, not as great as I had hoped, but the season is young.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:41 am I am trying kiddie pools. So far, not as great as I had hoped, but the season is young.
Oh let me know how it turns out! I am having a hard time finding those plastic pools for some reason? Maybe not yet? I see the inflatable kinds,but not the plastic kind yet.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

They are a great buy at the end of the summer season. Way too expensive now, frugalmom unless you plan to play in it during the summer. ;)
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

1. Made 4 loaves of homemade bread and took one to my parents.

2. Had Sunday lunch with my parents and brought home leftovers.

3. Simple, from scratch meals planned for this week - homemade pizza, pancakes, rice & beans, etc.

4. Have resisted the temptation to hire a 1-time housekeeper and asked my niece to help me catch up instead. For the bargain price of $25, she dusted, vacuumed (including furniture!), swept and mopped, cleaned the bathroom, changed my bed, put clean dishes away, took out 3 bags of garbage, swept the front porch, wiped down kitchen counters and appliances, took my winter coat to the dry cleaners and a box of donations to the thrift store. I would never pay to have things done if I could do them myself but having things cleaned up makes me much happier - so money well spent.

5. Borrowed two DVD movies from my brother rather than using Redbox. I have seen everything the Library has that I want to see.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

1. Needed to frame a print. Found the right size frame (professionally made) with a usable mat for $9 at the Salvation Army. Painted the mat with a leftover can of copper spray paint and it looks great.
2. Sewed a summer handbag out of fabric remnants. It came out really cute.
3. Used handful of cash off coupons, about $8 worth, at Food Lion. It cut the grocery cost by almost half.
4. DH had been subscribing to BritBox, but we weren't watching it, so he cancelled. Cuts expenses by $6 a month.
5. Found a dime and a quarter this week for the change cup in my car.
Mackie
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good job Mac.