Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Post by SandiSAHM » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:13 pm

4 out of 15. 26.6% DH is overseas, but studying, so that keeps him from playing tourist and spending money. At the rate he's in that city/area, he should run guided trips and charge tourists, he knows the place. Hey! Side hustle!

Yesterday was cold, overcast, icky. Today is SUNNY! GORGEOUS! And then you open the door expecting spring... and get smacked in the face by near-freezing temps. Today is the official 'last frost' date in OK. I guess we'll see how that holds up this year.

Other than that, there is nothing new to report. Still sitting in a sparklingly clean house awaiting any potential house hunters.

Side effect of all this 'keep it in show condition' stuff is the my OCD has been triggered BIG time. I'm going to have to once again, when this is over, train myself not to be reactionary over every. little. speck. of. dust. and thing out of place, because that's not healthy and it has the potential to drive DH and the kids batty. Insanity IS hereditary :lol:

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:56 am

Still, it sounds like your OCD is the right "problem" to have right now. I hope your house selling is over soon and you are moved to your new home.

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:39 am

6 of 17... 35.2%

Windy today, 18-30mph. The only going out I'm doing is to get my mail at the post office and go by the construction site to see whats up.

Unless we get a showing, in which case we run around fluffing pillows and then leave.

I'm waiting 'til later in the p.m. to make the post office/site run, if there IS a showing I can just do all that while we 'have' to be out. Two birds, one stone.

I'm not usually the mope around miss-the-husband-while-he's-gone type (I miss him, I just don't mope about it :lol: ) but this time, due to boredom, I'm a bit mopey. Doesn't help that the dog keeps looking at me with those huge brown eyes like she's on the verge of collapse because her pack leader is... still... not... home. Boy, dogs can be dramatic.

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:06 pm

6 of 19... bleh. 31.5%

Sunny beautiful & in the 60s today. Going to rain this weekend and then get warmer. Grass, weeds, etc., will wake up even more.

Nothing else to report. Dog is still depressed. DH comes home tomorrow, it's funny she jumps around all excited then turns on a dime and barks at him like "Oh! I'm SO GLAD to SEE YOU!!! Now, where the *** have you been!?!"

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:02 am

I hope you are far from the fires in Oklahoma.

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:53 pm

Dgflorida wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:02 am
I hope you are far from the fires in Oklahoma.
Oh, yeah, very far. Last time we had haze and the smell (and itchy/watery eyes), but the latest fires are much farther west. Today we had a lot of nice soaking rain across the state, hoping that settled those down for good.

Also read some of them were deliberately set by two firefighters :o - what kind of crazy is that? - who are now facing charges.