Daily Check in April 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in April 13, 2018

Post by mbrudnic » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:42 am

Good Morning folks,
Starting us off.
Last edited by mbrudnic on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

mbrudnic

Re: Daiy Check in April 13, 2018

Post by mbrudnic » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:46 am

Hey all,

I had difficulty getting myself out of bed. Not sure why, I went to bed early. But being a work form home day, it is no big deal.

DS1's birthday dinner was very nice. My parents, Ex, MIL, DS2 and I all joined his family. I shared my cake with DGS2. DS got some "toys", a refurbished Weed wacker, a saws all and the electric pressure cooker.

We are supposed to hit 80 degrees today. Then there is snow in the forecast. Sigh. This is getting old. It is the never-ending winter.

Have a wonderful day,
Maggie

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:26 am

"Never ending winter". I feel the same way Maggie. Predicted to be down in the 40's next week. Hey, this is Florida. We don't do cold here. Crazy weather.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:00 am

Good Friday morning all,

Today, I get a wellness exam and a $25 visa card. Well, we will see if that works out. It is a bit of a drive for me, but it puts me near one of my favorite stores, Harbor Freight. Since I will be in the vicinity, I will just swing by. :D Yep, I love tools.

I didn't buy any more stones or timbers yesterday. Got into a project and never got out to buy on sale things. Oh well. Today, I will try to get a load before leaving for my wellness appointment. After the wellness appointment, I will check out the Walmart super store and see if they have my favorite compost/manure brand. Not all Walmarts carry it. After that, I will finish the newest garden bed. I have the leaves in it. Now add the free mulch and add a bit of more mulch to the other beds. Also get hubs walk in. I am thinking of beef grilled over the fire tonight.

The wellness people want a 4 hour fast. :roll: So I ate a bit early to meet the 4 hour rule. I expect to get a bit of hassle about my low blood pressure usually 70/110 or so. Hubs says to tell them I am a runner. That isn't exactly true, I am a jogger, but hubs idea sounds good.

The days are generally perfect for yard work right now. I don't mind the summer heat and humidity, but I can't work as long without getting overheated.

Today, I am grateful that I have a car and can drive. Have a good day everyone. Be safe.

jckitty

Re: Daily Check in April 13, 2018

Post by jckitty » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:24 am

Good morning all,

I got up with the alarm, reluctantly once again. :? I just feel so tired all the time. I am starting to think the sickness I had messed with my thyroid issues again...

DD is still feeling the effects on her also, tired and still has sinus issues. I think she is also feeling stressed, her so called helper at work put in her notice and the company has a hiring freeze so there will not be a replacement hired, puts a lot on DD.

Fridge cleaned and chickens out and fed so far this morning, still have stuff to do, but once again not a lot of mo-jo to get things done. Supper tonight is supposed to be prime rib dinners from town...dads request. I will take and eat my own salad and split the dinner with others. Call me weird but prime rib doesn't do much for me.
I need to sweep and do some household chores, hoping to spend a good amount of time outside especially if we hit 80 as predicted....it is breezy so will feel great. I want to just lay in my lounge chair and soak up natural vitamin D :)
Tomorrow is some shopping in the next over larger town, supper tomorrow for dad is supposed to be taken care of by sister in law.
If the weather turns ucky over the weekend as predicted I hope to get back to my jeans/capri conversions I think I have 2 more to go.
Off to see what I can get into,
Have a great, safe and appreciative day all,
JCKitty

alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in April 13, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:40 am

Kitty I am with you.. I never could see the magic in prime rib.
Hope you start to feel better soon. Maybe if the weather was nicer it would help. J
anet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama