Daily check in April 14, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in April 14, 2018

Post by Dgflorida » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:16 am

Just to get us started.

mbrudnic

Re: Daily check in April 14, 2018

Post by mbrudnic » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:43 am

Good Morning everyone,

Shortly I will shower, gather laundry and head to om and Dad's. I did get more fabric cutting for my quilt. I should finish it later today.

My single's group is heading to a movie tonight. Not being a big movie person, I think I will skip. The late diner is not good for me either.

Not much excitement here.

Have a great day,
Maggie

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:53 am

i'm up. Have a headache, but have to get this day going.

No one better show up at 8!

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:55 am

Good Saturday morning all,

Today, I must use the $10 off Lowe's coupon or lose it. Normally, I would spend it on garden stuff, but I decided to spend it on solar lights. They are supposed to be in stock at my Lowe's. Reviews are good on the big spot light. Well we will see. Head over there this morning.

Later, I will get some more on sale landscape timbers from Home Depot. Last day of sale. But I am done with bagged stones. I have 30 bags now and yesterday, I moved 20 of them out of the car and my arms said enough! They felt like about 40 pounds each.

This afternoon, we get a visit from a second window guy for replacement windows. They have a good reputation. I would like to get going on this project. I have the money set aside already.

Yesterday, I got a chance to stop at Harbor Freight after my wellness check at the mobile unit($25 gift card). I love Harbor Freight, but it is too far away to go to often. I bought a tarp and a battery and used coupons to get a free headlight and 20% off. Nice. :D

The wellness check found my lipids are high. The triglycerides and LDL. They get like this when my thyroid meds are off. They are not high enough to set alarm, but off thyroid could explain why I am not getting as much done(too tired). It also explains why my weight loss is stalled. I see my endocrinologist in June.

Hubs announced that he checked his weight and he is down a pound. Just 3 pounds to goal. Hooray. He hates the thought that the walking might be why he broke through his stall. I just smile. ;) He has started his week without pain medication, so this may be his last walking day. He becomes very limited without the medication. :(

I started washing dishes in the bathtub while I wait for my new kitchen faucet to be installed, maybe Monday. I don't like washing dishes in the bathtub. My neighbor and I may start walking in the mornings since her snowbird walking partner is going back up north. That will be good. I told hubs that we need to get started earlier in the day so I negotiated a day start at 7 am. This is the first day.

The final garden in the front is ready for free mulch. The walkways need to be mulched and then that is done. Hubs says the mulch pile still seems big. I assured him, it will disappear. He also complained that the grass(actually the weeds) needs mowing. I said I am still pulling wildflowers out of the yard, so mowing must wait. I checked on the status of the new kitchen floor. Definitely pushed back to May. No word from the driveway guy either. Waiting.

Today, I am grateful for this excellent weather. Have a good day everyone. Be safe.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:56 am

Sorry to hear about your headache Clem. Headaches sap my energy and ruin my attitude. Hope you get better soon.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:28 am

we had a cold front come through last night. Nice and chilly today. Could be why my head hurts too.