Daily Check in June 11, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in June 11, 2018

Post by mbrudnic » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:05 am

Good Morning folks,

I slept until 4 this morning. Yipee!

I had DGS14Mos for several hours. He was good. He was picked up in time for me to attend 4:00 PM Mass.

Today is a work day. New Visions meeting tonight. DS2 is supposed to be back tonight.

I have ants in my place and I have seen small and large. Ill ask the office to have the exterminator add me to his list for Thursday.

Off to pack breakfast and lunch.
Have a great day,
Maggie

Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in June 11, 2018

Post by Dgflorida » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:33 am

Good Monday morning all,

Today is my eye shot day. I never enjoy it. I can never tell how well I will deal with it. Maybe nothing or maybe very uncomfortable. I need to wash my hair this morning and trim the front before the appointment this afternoon. I will have to avoid water for 24 hours or more.

The handyman finished the back porch Friday. A trim board has bowed out. I will ask him about it today. It is not pretty. He is coming today to create a storm protection for my big window. Hubs is nervous that we will have a storm before the new windows are in place.

The yard helper came yesterday. He worked 3 hours. I worked at the same time. We got a lot done. I was tired and slept well. The major additional grids to the driveway are done and filled with soil and the overgrown area behind the shed is less overgrown.

Today, I will begin calling house painters for estimates. Using the inheritance money to paint the house feels like something my mother in law would approve of.

Get hubs up and fed. Take walk with neighbor. I haven't been able to walk with hubs due to not leaving the handyman alone here. I suggested hubs walk on his own. So far, he has declined.

Today, I am grateful for coffee. I am a bit tired. Have a good day everyone.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:11 am

Good morning. It is nice and cool for now but going to be another scorcher today. The heat index was 101 F late yesterday afternoon when a thunderstorm blew in in early evening. No rain just low clouds and thunder.

Yesterday .. I got a lot done with my outside work of cutting down little sapling trees with my long handled clipper. I had to remove a step from my side porch due to a sapling tree growing up through the steps.. I will have to remove another step in order to get my water drill down there to "dig" up the roots. Also got a lot of weeds and some leaves hauled to the burn pile. I can only do about 10 minutes of work at a time but a little here and there and eventually it does get done. Will be pulling weeds in the rocked area in the front of my house before it gets too hot..

Have good and frugal day. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:07 am

Good morning ...
Looks like we may be in for another day of rain. Almost feels like fall, LOL!

Got in some purposeful puttering yesterday ... probably more of the same today. Kind of a slowly but surely thing ...
Have a couple of things ready for eBay, so will put those on. Also need to get moving to prep mulberries for freezer jam ... our jelly/preserves supply is running a bit low.

Not much else to say at the moment ... back later!

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:40 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Cooler this morning at 13C, which could mean no turning on of the air conditioning, but it could also mean less line drying and more dryer usage... Things don't dry very quickly at this temperature. I will use the outside lines for the lighter items. It will save using the dryer for at least three loads.

I have the usual chore list for Monday mornings. Not sure why I put all the heavy chores on one day of the week, but I do. I think it is a memory of my Mom doing the same thing. You know Monday wash, Tuesday iron kind of thing.

This should be a no spend day. I hope to swing a few more of those this week. Spending will once again occur on Thursday (shopping, bill paying, allowances) and Friday (trip for football). So stringing no spend days together is fairly important for the budget. This is probably the main frugal pass time today.

Other frugal happenings will be using the outside lines for at least 2 loads of clothes, keeping the a/c off for as long as possible, taking my usual walk abouts throughout the day, and making all our meals here at home. Really just the normal things all of us do, or try to do each and every day.

When on my walks I always glance at the ground to see if there is any change. Really in the past month or so all I have found is a dime. Seems as if people are being a bit more careful with their loose change. Used to be I would find something on every walk, not so any more. Still anything found makes a nice free addition to the change jars.

Supper this evening is going to be some steak, the mashed potatoes warmed up, and we will finish off the bag of frozen peas/carrots.

Today I am grateful for the break in the extremely high temperatures we have had over the past week.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:51 am

I have gathered and put out my garbage and trash, I had a lot today. Bones from the chicken, containers from the chicken and the Rudy’s Bar B Q, my daughter brought over to share. I shared it with my friend and put lots into the freezer.

I do want to walk today I am not sure just when. Very early when my daughter suggests I walk just does’t work for me.

We are expecting another very hot day.

I am waiting on a phone call

Penny