Daily Check in July 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily Check in July 13, 2018

Post by littlemiss63 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone,

A beautiful day in Tennessee, little hot but we are kinda use to that. It's either hot or raining. LOL

Slept in this morning and I didn't feel the least bit guilty. I can't paint until later when the sun doesn't hit the patio so don't have a whole lot on the to-do-list today.

I am going to get my cut at 3:30 and I will come home and wash and style it after she finishes. I love her to cut my hair, but I like to blow it out and style it myself. Saves me at least $12.00 and I enjoy doing the finishing touch. She is pretty good about not getting it shorter than I want it and I'm being proactive in having it done a couple weeks before my trip in case she doesn't listen and it has time to grow out a little. The last cut she gave me she was all excited about a new man she had met and I wasn't completely happy with the cut. She left some ends that I had to razor cut myself. That is unusual for her, but I guess love can do that to you sometimes.

I got a terrific bargain on E-bay last week and I am very pleased with it. I wanted (didn't have to have it) a black maxi dress and found one that the seller stated was almost brand new with tag still attached from Coldwater Creek $89.95. She had $20.00 on it with $6.50 for shipping or best offer. I have never done a best offer before for I didn't figure anyone took them. I offered her $17.50 for it and she took it. Business must be slow this time of year. Anyway, I got it today and it's lovely. This would have cost me over $100.00 with shipping and sales tax from Coldwater Creek and I paid $24.00. I don't need any more dresses for awhile, but do love to get something I like for that price. I have at least 3 jackets or shrugs that I can wear with it to change the look, making it a very versatile piece.

Jackie, was one fish all the guys brought home to eat? I will never forget my DH coming to Canada on his fishing trips with the guys he worked with at Mobil and they brought home lots, which we enjoyed for months.

FloridaCat, everyone needs a "me" day and I chose Sunday for mine and really look forward to it now. We have to take care of renewing our minds and I wish that you could use essential oils, but know you can't because of Pippi. They add so much to me in creating a peaceful environment. I make sure I don't run out of my favorite ones and buy the larger sized bottles now that I have determined what works best for me.

IC, glad you got your issue resolved on the contacts. That wasn't a very good answer, if you don't know the answer lie to the patient. LOL Doesn't matter the inconvenience and wasted time it cost you by having to go back to the office. I can't stand the way things are handled in offices now. I guess my biggest peeve is all the number pushing to get to a human and then they don't know the correct answers.

Well it's time to jump in the shower and get my hair washed and get dressed for my appointment. I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in July 13, 2018

Post by Jackielou » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:29 pm

littlemiss63 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:24 pm
Good Afternoon Everyone,

A beautiful day in Tennessee, little hot but we are kinda use to that. It's either hot or raining. LOL

Slept in this morning and I didn't feel the least bit guilty. I can't paint until later when the sun doesn't hit the patio so don't have a whole lot on the to-do-list today.

I am going to get my cut at 3:30 and I will come home and wash and style it after she finishes. I love her to cut my hair, but I like to blow it out and style it myself. Saves me at least $12.00 and I enjoy doing the finishing touch. She is pretty good about not getting it shorter than I want it and I'm being proactive in having it done a couple weeks before my trip in case she doesn't listen and it has time to grow out a little. The last cut she gave me she was all excited about a new man she had met and I wasn't completely happy with the cut. She left some ends that I had to razor cut myself. That is unusual for her, but I guess love can do that to you sometimes.

I got a terrific bargain on E-bay last week and I am very pleased with it. I wanted (didn't have to have it) a black maxi dress and found one that the seller stated was almost brand new with tag still attached from Coldwater Creek $89.95. She had $20.00 on it with $6.50 for shipping or best offer. I have never done a best offer before for I didn't figure anyone took them. I offered her $17.50 for it and she took it. Business must be slow this time of year. Anyway, I got it today and it's lovely. This would have cost me over $100.00 with shipping and sales tax from Coldwater Creek and I paid $24.00. I don't need any more dresses for awhile, but do love to get something I like for that price. I have at least 3 jackets or shrugs that I can wear with it to change the look, making it a very versatile piece.

Jackie, was one fish all the guys brought home to eat? I will never forget my DH coming to Canada on his fishing trips with the guys he worked with at Mobil and they brought home lots, which we enjoyed for months.

FloridaCat, everyone needs a "me" day and I chose Sunday for mine and really look forward to it now. We have to take care of renewing our minds and I wish that you could use essential oils, but know you can't because of Pippi. They add so much to me in creating a peaceful environment. I make sure I don't run out of my favorite ones and buy the larger sized bottles now that I have determined what works best for me.

IC, glad you got your issue resolved on the contacts. That wasn't a very good answer, if you don't know the answer lie to the patient. LOL Doesn't matter the inconvenience and wasted time it cost you by having to go back to the office. I can't stand the way things are handled in offices now. I guess my biggest peeve is all the number pushing to get to a human and then they don't know the correct answers.

Well it's time to jump in the shower and get my hair washed and get dressed for my appointment. I hope everyone has a fantastic day.
Yes only the one fish. It really is too hot for fishing and they have been doing catch and release. However this one seemed to want to come home with them. DS tried to let it go but it just stayed there.