Daily Check in Oct 11, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 11, 2018

Post by mbrudnic » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:17 am

Good Morning frugals,
Let's get this day started!

mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Oct 11, 2018

Post by mbrudnic » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:59 am

Hello,

I am in the office. I have reviewed overnight emails and all is under control. Fall weather came back to my area. But oh, my! the pictures of destruction from Hurricane Michael. My heart goes out to those victims.

DS2 is on Fall break from classes today and tomorrow, but he chose to stay at school. He was looking at sleeping in and unlimited practice time.

Have a great day,
Maggie

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:05 am

Hello friends,

I have missed you all but am running ragged right now, between kids, slight illness (sniffly dd5), PTC, Subbing, and other things, I barely have time to do basics.

Subbing today, 3 of 4 days (didn’t sub on Monday). Subbed every day last week, and 4 on previous week.

Fall break next week, 3 days off school, YAY!! I’m looking forward to it!!

Weather has been COLD lately with LOTS of rain, which is so needed, but also sooo early for this cold— AND SNOW on the mtns!!! Lots Of Snow!!! High today 47*F with lows about 35*f.

Big boys are lobbying HARD for iPhones and I’m now firmly against them, as they’ve made Such a big Fuss about them. Dh & I would prob feel better if we weren’t in such tight financials just now.

Speaking of iPhone, mine isn't letting me correct my typos since this last update. ☹️

Am off to fix my breakfast & lunch, dress, & wake children. I want to be gone in 1 hour.

Today am thankful for hubby & children.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:34 am

Good morning ...
Looking wet outside and things have cooled off considerably. Been trying not to turn on the furnace, but nighttime temps are expected to be in the high 30s.
I am trying to get through my to-do lists ... it's just going slowly. Will get some family photos off to another cousin today, so another few things out of the house.
Post office is just part of today's round of errands. Hoping it will dry out enough today so I can get some things out of the garden.
Very sad to see the aftermath of those storms ...

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:38 am

I’m praying for the people in the Florida Panhandle, South Georgia and beyond. It will take a long time to recover from the devastation.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:00 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Brrr, it is very cold today (well at least this morning is). It is -9 C or 16 F which is the coldest temperature so far this fall. Heck, we really didn't get fall weather, we just kind of entered into an early winter right away.

The new doctor told me to keep taking the calcium binder for the next year as she wants to see what is going on. I go back tomorrow to get orders for blood work to be done at the lab and then again the middle of next week (pretty sure I said this yesterday, but maybe not) for a complete physical. She sure isn't wasting time, but I guess it is because I have not had a doctor for so long and there are really no records of mine anywhere to be found because of this. A bit scared, as I haven't really gotten to "know" her as of yet, but what I do see I really like.

Today is shopping day and I have my list and coupons ready to go. I just want to take a quick look at the fliers to make sure I have the best deals possible, and perhaps do another quick search to see what I can find. I am almost tempted to visit different stores today to get the best deals possible, but my Co-op while not the least expensive does have wonderful sales and I get money back at the end of the fiscal year. I am not sure if I would really be saving anything.

Fuel is up to almost $1.25 a liter so a big chunk coming out of the budget this week to fill up the vehicle. Good thing that I am keeping my driving to a minimum and walking where possible.

A bit sniffly and I am drinking lots of hot lemon tea (and a herbal blend that usually puts me to sleep just before bed...did not work last night). It seems to have helped my throat a bit.

Frugally speaking I am hoping to keep to my planned budget for spending today, finish the binding on the oldest DS's Christmas gift, start cutting out Hubby's robe, and perhaps even hunt out the fabric for the gift youngest DS mentioned he wouldn't mind. I am continuing the shawl I started and am almost at the end of the second ball of yarn. I hope to attach the third ball before the end of the week. I would like this one completed and off my needles so I can begin a brightly coloured one.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover turkey tetrazzini and some salad. I didn't make dessert yesterday so I will today.

My thoughts and prayers are with those devastated by the terrible storm.

Today I am grateful that I have a lovely warm home.

Everybody have a wonderful day. Take care.