Daily check in October 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in October 13, 2018

Post by Dgflorida » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:22 am

Good Saturday morning. Let's get started.

Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in October 13, 2018

Post by Dgflorida » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:10 am

Good Morning all,

The windows are open and cool air is flowing in.By turning on the whole house fan, I hope to suck more air in. It is nice to have working windows and lower humidity. I hope this means the end to hurricane season. Prayers to north Florida.

Because it is dry today, I can repair the awning. It needs to be caulked, but it needs 24 hours without rain. I think we have it now. I also hope to finish my irrigation line today. The final 2 parts is glue and holes drilled.

I planted a myrtle and a morgania tree yesterday. We will see how they do.

Yesterday, I checked on my neighbor who is seeing an acupuncturist for her leg and back pain. The medical doctors couldn't do anything for her. She initial improved, but she told me yesterday that she is not getting better. She has decided to take CBD oil. It is sort of legal here in Florida. If it is derived from hemp, it is. She is told not to expect immediate relief. I dropped into a marijuana shop in Oregon when I was there and asked a lot of questions about it because of hubs condition. Then information I got from the store person doesn't match what she has been told. Wait and see how it works for her.

My scan says I have osteopenia. However, the recommendations I already do. I asked a neighbor who has it if there is something she does. Well, she takes female hormones and I am not comfortable with that. So I will think on it.

Another friend has told me that she is thinking about giving up her hobby of organizing dances. She is very good at it and she usually enjoys it, but there has been a lot of stress in her life lately. Her brother-in-law and nephew both died slowly. And her husband had a massive heart attack and spent a week in the hospital. I pointed out that she loves organizing dances and finding music. It is important to keep joyful things in your life when you face a lot of sadness.

Yesterday, I slow cooked a chicken on the porch. I forgot to soak the beans long enough. So they were not cooked when the chicken was ready. So I let the chicken bones sit in the broth a bit extra to cook the beans. They should be good. Tonight, we will have ground beef burgers though. Then the chicken leftovers tomorrow, so that I can dispose of the bones the night before garbage pickup on Monday.

I have changed the get up times. The sun is rising a lot later. A cable salesman dropped by yesterday. He had a great package if you needed TV. I declined saying we didn't. I did say that renter used them and they need to remove the cable from my house because it is hanging down dangerously. he said he will note it, but recommended I call. Guess I will.

Today, I am grateful for the cooler weather. Have a good weekend everyone.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:30 am

Good morning ...
It's 36 right now ... looking at the weather reports, it looks like frost/freeze dates will be right on time this year. Last night was a 2-cat night, LOL!
Did go out yesterday and picked off the rest of the peppers and tomatoes. Lots of small peppers coming but doubtful they'll do much now.
Lots to do today. Some Saturday chores, need to pick up some more stuff for tomorrow's neighborhood block party (HOA will reimburse). Then I have to do a bit of cooking. Dinner's going to be leftover chicken in some form, just not sure yet.

Libby, I'm laughing at the thought of you showing up at the bank as a witch!
Rinty, excellent yellow-sticker finds. As for the rest ((())) and continued prayers.

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:37 am

Good morning all.

A little bit chilly up here today. Appears that the warm weather is officially gone. Did a quick google on winter prediction and all I cold find was that the Farmers Almanac was predicting a milder winter this year. I certainly hope so.

Was clicking through the slideshow on AOL and came across the items that are going to be affected by the tariffs put on the Chinese products, 10% effective Monday and 25% starting the beginning of the year. I'm going to try to attach a pdf below. I can say that we will most definitely see increases in the grocery basket as well as clothing and a whole slew of others. My list is a summary of 4 pages, but the entire list is 194 pages. Sorry, but I couldn't figure out how to attach the pdf, going to try putting in the story link:

[urlhttps://www.aol.com/article/finance/2018/09/19/ ... /23532794/][/url]

No real plans for the weekend and my housework is done so it's pretty much leisure time this weekend.

My sister who when she gets upset with me tells me she isn't going to call me everyday is back to her calling 10-15 times a day. LOL.

Thinking about kick-starting my holiday mood. Think I'll pop some Christmas movies in the DVD player today. Can't wait till October 26th for the Hallmark programming.

Well hope that everyone is well. Have a great weekend.
P.S. I have to type every post in notepad and then copy and paste. Whatever changes were made to the forum site or operating system software does not allow me to type more than two or three words at a time and then miss a letter or 2 in them them. Frustrating as all get out.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:16 am

Good Morning everyone,

Last night I drove down and met up with my Support group friends. It was a nice night and better than hibernating. Luckily I was able to miss the closed roads for the presidents motorcade in my area. As I was leaving, I drove over an overpass and traffic was stopped in one direction, I assume for him to go back to the airport.

DDIL texted asking me If I wanted to join in on their visit to a pumpkin patch near me today at Noon. Of course. I am still working on getting stuff put away. I need to get Dad over here to help hang things and put together my shelving unit so I can put more things in the garage.

It is 67 Deg F inside my place. If we get sun, I expect it to warm up. I may turn on the heat and set the thermostat at about 66 or so.

Have a great day,
Maggie

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:22 am

Good morning all,

((((Rinty)))), I have no words, except I am so sorry for what you go thru.

Up early as I had to run to dads early and take his newspaper in for him. The great nephew usually does it but he is on a Fall break trip. I will admit it was tough getting up that early.
I will be getting rid of some stuff in the garage today, the girl I do some "picking" for is coming to pick up the goodies I have for her. I also need to make a trip to the recycle depot.
I have been so tempted to start the woodburner, but it really isn't cold enough to warrant that much heat. Keep telling myself to avoid the mess.

Tonight is DD annual chili party but I will not be going. I need to stay close as brother and family are gone and I feel the need to be close for dad just in case. It's okay, dad comes first.
I have some outdoor pots to deal with, and some bushes that need cut back....might take care of that this afternoon. Piddling around the house is the order of the day.
Off to get more coffee and get this day going.
JCKitty