Daily Check In November 5, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In November 5, 2018

Post by Jackielou » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:05 am

Good morning getting coffee, back soon.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 5, 2018

Post by Jackielou » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:19 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up at a decent time, well my regular time at least. Got lots I want to accomplish today and with my Prayer Shawl get together happening again this week, prime cleaning or project work time is being used. Must get most of my household task list completed by noon, what isn't done by then won't be done until tomorrow.

I looks to have rained or perhaps sleeted most of the night. This means no outside morning walk, treadmill time once again. At least Hubby has it stationed in such a way that I can watch tv as I use it. Passes the time much quicker that way.

The usual Monday frugals happening here. I really need to think of some new frugal tricks to add to my repertoire just to spice it up a bit.

This will also me a no spend day which will bring my total for this month to 3 so far. Actually I am hoping for 21 or 22, but that might not be possible since both our vehicles need to go in for servicing this month.

I sent in the dates I am unavailable to do any ministries in the church for next month. The schedualing program seems to come out faster and faster each and every month. It really seems like just yesterday I was filling out the one for this month. I should look back and see when we got that email.

I plan on doing a bit of decluttering today. I hope to get started on my closet. I have a feeling there are a few things on the upper shelf that need donating or in some cases repurposing. I also have another pair of pants that oldest DS sent back that didn't fit youngest DS so I will be cutting those up into useable fabric.

Supper tonight will be some leftover ham made into a casserole. We haven't had scalloped potatoes and ham in awhile so that could be made, but I am also going to look through my cookbooks for something new to try.

Today I am grateful that we have a snug home on these nasty days.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:38 am

Good morning all.

I have bloodwork this morning but not until 10:30 so I’m trying to avoid thinking about breakfast.

Last night I finished watching the final season of House of Cards. I was not impressed. I then cancelled Netflix in time to avoid next month’s charge.

Next year my Rx will be expensive so I’m trimming my budget a bit. I take four Rx for my glaucoma, two of which are pricy brand name meds. I do have a discount card from the Rx company and that helps a lot but they only pay so much. Brand name Rx are subject to my insurance deductible so I don’t get any benefit there. And of course the Rx prices keep going up. Can’t complain too much, however, because my eyesight has been stable the past three years. Next September I’ll go to Medicare and it will be interesting to see if that saves me on Rx costs.

I have two classes this week, the Great Depression/1930s one and the one on the Manhattan Project that I’m taking with a friend. We’ll go to lunch after the class.

I probably won’t be on the forum too much this week. Tomorrow is of course Election Day but more important to me it will be one year since mom fell and left her home for the last time. I do not think I’m depressed but many, many times I can’t hold back the tears.

Have a good week.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:40 am

Good Morning,

Because of the time change, I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this morning. I got down close to work and had plenty of time to gas up my car before getting to the office on time.

A few days ago I was lamenting how I had not made much progress on putting more stuff away int he apartment even though I have been there for over a month and maybe I needed to invite my Mom over? Well, Mom and Dad came over yesterday so Dad could install a new shower head and help me with the artwork I brought home. LOL. I so I took about an hour to move things to the garage and find a home for other stuff... LOL! Next step, the second bedroom.

Have a great day,
Maggie

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:51 am

Good morning ...

Mid 40s and looks wet out there, with more rain to come. Leaves all over, but much too wet to rake. Too wet to deal with the garden ... though one of my pepper plants is still producing!

Busy week coming up, appointments, usual rounds of errands, have major bills to pay (insurance, taxes), and tomorrow is election day.

DH ended up working a couple hours over yesterday, so the window plastic still isn't up. Maybe later today ...

Florida (((hugs))).

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:02 am

Good morning all.

Cloudy now, but rain expected. Will be out later this afternoon at my coloring session. This week also holds voting, Golden Agers Club, Mind Games and my Breakfast Club; plenty of activities to keep me from getting bored.

Sister's outpatient surgery turned out to be an 8 day ordeal. What a time that was. She's on the mend, but I'm truly getting tired of listening to her complain about EVERYTHING. She could turn the world's happiest person to the most depressed in one conversation . . . Geesh.

Can't believe we're at the end of 2018 . . . it really slipped by pretty quickly. Starting to feel a bit sorry for myself for having to be alone for the year-end holidays, but still haven't established any relationships with whom I can spend the time. I'll just have to do the best I can to keep busy.

Have a nice day.