Daily Check-In: 11/6/18

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalaaron

Daily Check-In: 11/6/18

Post by frugalaaron » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:43 am

Good morning to all. Strong winds awakened me a little before 4 am. Thankfully, the weather has finally moved thru. I hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-In: 11/6/18

Post by Jackielou » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:49 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Had a restless sleep last night due to a call to come in and see the doctor at my earliest convenience….. I have never had a call like that before, so am a bit stressed about the whole thing. It could be as little as she is gotten me an appointment for a bone scan, or the results are in on a couple more of the tests I have undergone. Or it could be something more. Of course me being the way I am latch onto the worst possible case scenarios and get myself all worked up.

We had the wind last night, this morning seems very calm with a lovely snowfall. Up to about an inch today and another tomorrow. Here is hoping everyone has remembered how to winter drive.

Prayer shawl ministry went well. The youth coordinator (T) came and knit with us for this get together. He is working on socks but plans to move over to a prayer shawl as soon as he is finished this pair. I had expected one other lady to show up, but since she didn't perhaps she changed her mind. I do wish we had more than the three of us knitting/crocheting as it makes me feel I should up my output of shawls. Not a good thing at all. I am also running out of suitable yarn choices in my stash.

My morning will be spent doing some household chores (one that I did not get completed yesterday) and pulling out the kits of sewing projects I made up this past summer. I may be able to get started sewing as well. The removal of the kits will open up some counter top room in that space and go a long way to clearing up the room. For some reason this room gets cluttered so easily. I also hope to start to put some of the yarn from the downstairs tote storage into a couple of the drawers up here. I am making a bit of headway in getting through my stash. I just have to keep it up.

The quiche went over well for supper last night, I don't think there is enough for another full dinner for Hubby and I, so one of my leftover menus may have to change this week. Not a problem as I have other items I can make up instead (frozen meals for just such an occasion).

Other frugal happenings will be as usual, and as there is a bit of ice under this snow I plan on using the treadmill to do my walking today. And as I am running out of books on my ereader and tablet I may spend some of the day downloading a few free novels and perhaps using my gift cards to pay for a couple.

Supper tonight will be the leftover chicken. I have pretty much settled on the old standby of Chicken a la King on toast. I can't seem to wrap my mind around anything that will require thinking and perhaps substitution today.

Today I am grateful for Shania giving me comfort this morning. Having her sit on my feet is making my stress a little less.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:32 am

Thinking of you, Jackie.
(((Hugs)))

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:49 am

It's actually coming down snow pretty good outside now that I have opened the drapes. Hopefully the drive to the appointment isn't another stress inducer for me (though one would never know I was under stress this morning according to my blood pressure).

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:50 am

floridacatlover wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:32 am
Thinking of you, Jackie.
(((Hugs)))
Thanks Floridacatlover.

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:51 am

Good morning all.

Gray here right now; rain expected later. Just came back from doing my civic duty.

Plans for today are to go to the Senior Center. The group I joined will be planning something for Thanksgiving that I want to participate in. After the meeting they play Bingo . . . a few hours out of the house.

Was working on my budget for next year. The 2.8% increase will cover all my expected increases with a few dollars to spare. The only items in question right now are my RMDs for next year. My 401K is OK because I'm taking 8% out which is 2x what is expected. Will have to wait for end of year balance to determine what I need to withdraw from my IRA.

Have already started my holiday decorating. I put up a small Victorian street on one of my bookcase shelves and put up a small tree in my bedroom. I'll be putting in my holiday dishtowels at the end of this week when I do the laundry. I'm thinking about getting a head start on my larger tree for the living room; still want to get to Dollar Tree to see what other decorations they have this year.

Also have to make a trip to the nursing home this month. I've got a number of things I need to get rid of that are perfect for the game redemption give-aways.

Well going for now. Have a great day.