Duncan Hines cake mix recall

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Duncan Hines cake mix recall

Post by LWolfT » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:37 pm

In case you should have one of these mixes in your pantry ...

Four types of Duncan Hines cake mix have been recalled due to possible salmonella contamination, the US Food and Drug Administration said Monday. The four are Classic White, Classic Butter Golden, Signature Confetti and Classic Yellow.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/06/health/d ... index.html

littlemiss63

Re: Duncan Hines cake mix recall

Post by littlemiss63 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:27 pm

Is it just my imagination or do we seem to be having more than usual food recalls? I wish that I had the capabilities of raising all my food like we did when I was growing up. It was lots of work, but you sure didn't hear anything about recalls.

I buy as little processed food as I can, but at my age there is no way that I could eat without buying it at the grocery store. I have made two cakes so far with my new KitchenAid from scratch using pantry items and they were wonderful so I want be buying much cake mix. Someone mentioned in another post about making your own mixes and I am going to make up some brownie, cake mix, pancake & muffin mixes. Bought me a cute basket to store them in when I was at Dollar Tree the other day.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:23 pm

LWolfT wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:37 pm
In case you should have one of these mixes in your pantry ...

Four types of Duncan Hines cake mix have been recalled due to possible salmonella contamination, the US Food and Drug Administration said Monday. The four are Classic White, Classic Butter Golden, Signature Confetti and Classic Yellow.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/06/health/d ... index.html
Thanks for the info.

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:17 am

That was probably me Little Miss. It is a generic Make A Mix snack cake recipe - depending on what you add, you can make chocolate, chocolate fudge, carrot cake, applesauce cake and a couple of others. I just finished the last one this week and will make another batch up because we liked it so much. It is a small cake made in 8x8 or 9x9 pan so that is good for our family of two, because we eat cake until it is gone no matter the size! If you would like the master mix and variation recipes, let me know & I will post it.