Daily Check-In, Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Daily Check-In, Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018

Post by LWolfT » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:45 am

Good morning ...

LWolfT

Re: Daily Check-In, Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018

Post by LWolfT » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:07 am

Good morning again ...

It's 18 or 20 degrees here, depending on which weather service I look at.

We are supposed to meet a friend at a chili cook-off at one of the area churches this afternoon ... unless they decide to move this indoors, I'm going to hope for some spicy chili, LOL!

May or may not make a quick run to the grocery ... ham is on sale, as are cranberries.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:07 am

Good frosty morning to everyone. It is 18 F with a wind chill of 8 F. Yikes! They said our normal temp around this time of year could be around 60 F. We had snow burst off and on yesterday and this morning have a dusting of snow on the ground. The concrete part of my driveway was icy last night but cleared off during the night. We had numerous car pile ups in our area last night. A 10 car pile up about 20 miles from me on the IL side and a major highway in the St. Louis area was closed due to accidents.. People never listen. They think the roads are ok but the bridges and overpasses are icy.

Teddi was so cute this morning running around and inspecting the white stuff on the grass. I made him come in sooner than he wanted last night since we live in the country and he saw something and tried to go after it.. He is a 15 lb Shih Tzu and does not have a clue that if there is something out there he might not win. We do have coyotes and foxes in our area.. They rarely come close to a house this time of year but you just never know what is out there in the dark.

I was beginning to think I would never be able to talk to you ladies again. Every time I tried to sign in yesterday and last night it would not go through even with a new password and then I was locked out. Thank goodness the new password that was sent to me this morning I was able to activate and get in to the forum.

I am not sure what today is going to bring. I am still working on decluttering and cleaning. I think I will take everything out of my walk in closet and vacuum it. I am really enjoying my new vacuum sweeper. Tonight is pizza and a movie night. I am out of pepperoni since I used it in a noodle casserole but do have Italian sausage, bell pepper and onion so I am good to go.

Have a good and frugal Saturday. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:13 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Had a bit of a sleep in this morning and quite enjoyed it. Mind you I do feel a bit rushed now.

Youngest DS came home last night. We watched a couple of movies together which accounts for the late rising this morning. Just not used to staying up as late as I did last night.

We had fresh snow fall overnight. Everything looks so nice and clean. I know it won't stay that way for very long. The temperature is fairly decent at -6 C so I may just take a short walk around the block or up to the church this morning. Heck I can sweep or shovel off the front stairs when I return. I am going to take the day off from walking the treadmill and enjoy some fresh air.

Today should and will be a no spend day. I plan on working on projects, doing a bit of baking (did not get done yesterday) and composing a few letters to be handed in come the beginning of the new year. I am once again going to try and get off of committees, and perhaps do less up front ministry in the church. I still want to continue with the prayer shawls and I have another similar idea circulating in my mind. I will have to see if it comes to anything.

So a laid back, totally wonderful day. Just the kind I like. Tomorrow is the big football game and we will be watching it in our nice warm basement. May just join the men downstairs with my knitting...…

Frugally, along with the no spend day I plan on having, I will be making the meals with what is on hand in cupboard, pantry and freezer (following the meal plans I made at the beginning of the month). I also plan on using up lots of yarn stash and fabric stash (more likely cutting up the fabric I removed from oldest DS's clothing that he sent back with us). I just may get ambitious enough to head into the craft room and do a bit more tidying.

Thought I should update on how many no spend days I have had so far this month, only 7, but there is plenty more month to get through yet.

Supper this evening is going to be a sausage casserole. I am not too sure if I have ever made one when any of the DSs are at home.

Today I am grateful that DS made his way home safely last night.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:15 am

Good Morning,

My weather is very similar, especially since I am just 90 minutes east of LwolfT. When I am finished here I will make a grocery store run. I got most of my laundry finished yesterday. This afternoon there is a birthday party for my cousin's 1 yr old. Looks like DB2 is coming in and DS1 and family are coming. I am a bit excited. I missed seeing the grands last week.

Everyone stay warm,
Maggie

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:37 am

Good morning all.

This morning is the community yard sale in my small neighborhood. I’m not going anywhere until it is over at 1 p.m. It is a zoo and people park everywhere. Last year I backed into someone parked in an odd place as I was leaving to visit my mom. Only a scratch but it cost me $275.

So I’m doing laundry and a few chores around the house. This afternoon I’ll go to the fitness center. I want to get that in because they are closed on Sundays and will be closed Monday for the holiday.

Stay warm.