Daily Check In December 7, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 7, 2018

Post by Jackielou » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:13 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Off to get coffee. I am taking my pill tomorrow instead of today.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In December 7, 2018

Post by Jackielou » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:26 am

Up early this morning for reasons unknown. Mind you it could be excitement because of finally getting to the larger city and stocking up on various items for the wintery months ahead.

This will not be a no spend day, nor will it involve insignificant spending. I am hoping that this one big spend keeps the next 3 or 4 months spending in check. It has worked other times in that manner.

The frugal aspect to this trip is that I will buy what I need on sale if possible, I have a few coupons that I can use, and I will be shopping from a list. Though I keep finding shortages of items and adding them to that list.

No walking for me this morning, there will be plenty of walking through aisles.

Supper will be early tonight and I won't have to make it. I will be sticking to no red meat and perhaps salads.

Today I am grateful that we can take this lovely trip this weekend. A mini vacation for me from cooking.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:26 am

Good morning frugal Friends,

Safe travels Jackie. DS2 still has not gotten his St. Nick package. Wound not be a big deal if I had not included 2 pairs of Orthotics in it. and no, I did not insure the package. Otherwise it has candy, hot chocolate, stockings and 2 santa hats in it.

Tonight I have a Christmas party at DS1's in-laws house and then tomorrow I am babysitting. I will pick up the boys and bring them back here. We will probably go visit the great-grandparents.

Have a great day,
Maggie

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:03 am

Good morning ...
It's 18 at the moment, but I think we're done with the rain/snow for a bit. Yesterday was snow all day, but it was too warm to stick on the roads.

Had a nice visit with my relative. We really haven't done much one-on-one visiting over the years, so it was really good to be able to talk.

Today, have a couple of errands to run, bit of work to clean up, plus all the other daily chores. (And I didn't get to the tree last night ... started watching the Great American Holilday Baking Show instead.)

Kitty, butter at your Aldi's is $1.99? Dang ... it's $2.49 or so down here, which is better than the other stores.
Gayle, honey, I don't think you're procrastinating ... I think you're just plain tired. Hope things even out a bit during the holiday break.
Jackie, safe trip! (And it's nice to have a day away from cooking ;) )

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:11 am

Hello friends,

I just saw ds16 off with hugs & kisses to his away wrestling tournament. He's still sick but determined to go.. I guess he's old enough to make some choices about his health.

I woke up with a “rumbly tummy,” I definitely Should Not Have eaten chocolate chips last night while making dd8’s bday cake, especially as I've no kefir to settle things down.

Maggie, I hope today goes well for you. I read through Dec 6 & 7 check-in’s last night, and I sincerely apologize for appearing to ignore your woes. You are in my prayers!

TGIF!! I’m hoping today’s subbing goes LOTS better than yesterday’s did.

Dinner tonight may be leftovers, and I think dh wants to go on a date to my favorite place. I hope I can stay awake that long. 😁 I did sleep well, but not soon or long enough to make up for rest of week.

Sounds like some of you are getting the snow storms we had on Tuesday; I hope you all stay warm & be careful if you have to go outside. It's 22F, realfeel of 15F, high to be 30F and partly cloudy.

I plan to sew as much as possible this weekend, though I don't know how I’m going to get fabric cut out with hovering family... Just Do It I guess.

Today I’m thankful for a warm house, and plenty of fabric for Christmas gifts.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:17 am

Jackielou wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:26 am

Up early this morning for reasons unknown. Mind you it could be excitement because of finally getting to the larger city and stocking up on various items for the wintery months ahead.

This will not be a no spend day, nor will it involve insignificant spending. I am hoping that this one big spend keeps the next 3 or 4 months spending in check. It has worked other times in that manner.

The frugal aspect to this trip is that I will buy what I need on sale if possible, I have a few coupons that I can use, and I will be shopping from a list. Though I keep finding shortages of items and adding them to that list.

No walking for me this morning, there will be plenty of walking through aisles.

Supper will be early tonight and I won't have to make it. I will be sticking to no red meat and perhaps salads.

Today I am grateful that we can take this lovely trip this weekend. A mini vacation for me from cooking.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
I hope you have a safe & enjoyable trip!!